Would you buy a T-bolt today?

SteveB2

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a droid X and am looking to upgrade to a 4g phone. I'm wondering if the T-bolt would be a good choice or not. I'm looking at the charge to, but want some honest opinons on this phone.

My big question is, have the major bugs been fixed? Would you recommend the phone at this point?(no CM7 mods please. I'd like the GPS to work)

And yes I know the bionic and whatever the g2 is going to be are around the corner. I'm staying away from being a beta tester, again.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
:cool:

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Droid Charge:Samsung, no thank you

LG Revolution: Not even a comparison

Droid Bionic: Plastic phone with moto blur, me no likey

HTC Thunderbolt: HTC made, aluminum body and by far has the best stock software out there.

and just for kicks

Apple iPhone4: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: porkchop313

x2Caleb2x

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a droid X and am looking to upgrade to a 4g phone. I'm wondering if the T-bolt would be a good choice or not. I'm looking at the charge to, but want some honest opinons on this phone.

My big question is, have the major bugs been fixed? Would you recommend the phone at this point?(no CM7 mods please. I'd like the GPS to work)

And yes I know the bionic and whatever the g2 is going to be are around the corner. I'm staying away from being a beta tester, again.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Well, I would not recommend buying the T-bolt when the Droid Bionic and the Vigor are right around the coroner. I think you should wait a little bit and see what comes out

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread where a verizon sales guy is using the Bionic now and he is saying its a beast out the box.I hate being a beta tester too but the bionic is going to nock our socks off out the box.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes...

HTC Thunderbolt: HTC made, aluminum body and by far has the best stock software out there.

Its's actually still a plastic body too but WAY better quality as in feeling more sturdy than the Droid Charge. I personally don't think there's anyone better than HTC when it comes to build quality in smartphones. The Thunderbolt and Sense are just great IMO.

Also to answer the OP's question, Yes, I would still buy a Thunderbolt today although if I were you, wait till sept 8th and compare it to the Bionic and see which fits you best since you are coming from a Moto phone because Sense is a very different experience than the moto skin. I have a Droid 3 in my household & I personally like Sense more than the "blur" on moto.

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Steve
I have the Tbolt. I love it. My first Android phone and it is awesome!!!! So, I say YES!!!

Reactions: volcom.airsoft

tullyelly

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I'd hold out and check out what the Bionic has to offer.

That said, you probably can find the Thunderbolt for a pretty good price somewhere and I love the phone. I have no regrets in picking it up. Just make sure to get a second battery. You can find them pretty cheap now also.

droflo2.0

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I came from a DX to a thunderbolt the first day the bolt was released. I fell in love with it and have loved sense SO much more than motoblur. I would make the swap again, but not this late in the game. Waiting for the Nexus Prime as the next candidate for a replacement.

Reactions: intheb0x

SteveB2

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply's.

Based on what happened with the T-bolt and other phones I'm probably going to wait on these newer phones till the bugs are worked out. My wife's phone will be up early next year so I could grab one then. Right now I'm just looking at whats available today and if they'll work for me + 4 ggggggssss

ApexPredation

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I had a Droid X and moved to the thunderbolt. The only thing I miss is the dedicated camera button. I only used the hdmi once on the x so I don't mind not having it now. As soon as it gets gingerbread I will say its the best Android I've owned so far. I do recommend getting the extended battery. I get about 14 hours with it.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I would.... for one reason its due to the name HTC.. and their reliability status far surpasses all other cell phone makers.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Even when it had the issues, the Tbolt was the better of the 3 4g phones Verizon had to offer.al I got it the first week it was released and never looked back. I like HTC Sense much more than Blur but its about your preference. There will be some issues with the Bionic and for now, Tbolt is issue free but lets wait till GB is released. I say wait a month after the Bionic drops so the two can be compaired at that point.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd absolutely still get the Thunderbolt today! It's been rock solid since the last update (MR2). The phone feels solid in hand, great build quality. You also can't beat the simultaneous voice/data. One really unexpected feature (when I first got the phone) and one that I have grown to love and is now a requirement for me on any future phone, is the built-in kickstand! :p I use it all the time and can’t imagine having a phone without one.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Like others, I came from a DX to a Thunderbolt. It's a solid phone, and I like Sense quite a bit; much more so than Blur. I would make the swap again, but not at this point in time.

My only complaint about the Tbolt is that the battery life is atrocious if you're running it stock. If you run a ROM like Das BAMF Sense 3.0, for example, then battery life is much, much better. I went from about 5-6 hours of battery life on stock, to 10-12 hours, which easily takes me through my work day, allowing me to recharge before i go out after work.

That said, I'm waiting for the Droid/Nexus Prime or the HTC Vigor as the immediate replacement for my Tbolt. While the Bionic will be a nice phone, it's being released waaaaay too late to compete against the monster phones coming out in the next few months.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
If gingerbread does to the t-bolt what it did to the evo, I would definitely get one. My evo is so smooth and quick since the gingerbread update. And isn't the t-bolt supposed to get the update this month sometime?

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
No way. I really don't like the phone. The plastic body, bad battery, can't hold 4G signal. Really can't wait to get off it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk