annoying service issue

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I was in northern Michigan where there is not the best, but there is still service. Had data all friday, went to bed woke up to no data, proceeded to have a 'mobile data connection fail' notice the rest of the weekend, even when I got home where I have 4g service.

Thought I fried my sim card or was going to have to do a factory rest when I got home.

Once home I turned WiFi on to get all my emails and updates, got in the car to head to VZW to get it fixed, when I lost WiFi Signal, I magically had data again...

Obviously Verizon wasn't needed at that point.

Anyone else have anything similar to this happen?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have anything similar to this happen?
I'd guess almost every ThunderBolt user has had something similar to this happen. Usually it can be cured using one of the numerous setting change techniques available here in this forum. Essentially, that's what you did by going to Wifi and then leaving Wifi. This is the specific issue with the TBolt (and other) 4G capable radios. MR1 addressed it somewhat successfully, but not enough. MR2 addressed it more successfully. And the hope is that the upcoming GB will address it even more successfully.

-Frank

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced many data connection issues, but when I do, it's always as follows:

1. Toggle Mobile data off/on (be sure to wait at least five seconds after turning off before turning back on to allow the radio to turn off and reset, patience is always key :))
2. Reboot phone
3. Turn off phone, remove battery, put back in and power on.
4. Repeat step 3, but pull SIM card too and leave for five minutes

If none of the above work, there is probably a network issue in the area or less likely but possible is a problem with the SIM, the phone itself, or your account. Call Verizon! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173