Will GB fix...

Beezer1659

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
random data loss?
Not usually a huge problem for me but every once and a while I will totally lose data. It takes different amounts of time before it comes back... Sometimes I have to toggle data on and off.

I know others have the same problems. Just curious if GB is expected to fix this issue or if we have to wait for another OTA upgrade.

Also for you rooted people, are you having similar data loss problems?

cElos

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This happens to my Thunderbolt as well.

4g, 3g, doesn't matter. Has also occurred in multiple cities.

I've considered trading in my Thunderbolt for this problem alone. Very frustrating.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In my case I find it often happens when going from 4g to 3g or especially if I am in an area with a very weak or no signal the signal it takes a long time for signal to return even when I go back into a good data zone.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
random data loss?
Not usually a huge problem for me but every once and a while I will totally lose data. It takes different amounts of time before it comes back... Sometimes I have to toggle data on and off.

I know others have the same problems. Just curious if GB is expected to fix this issue or if we have to wait for another OTA upgrade.

Also for you rooted people, are you having similar data loss problems?

Hard to tell. Depends on the radios they go with. Might even be a build that hasn't leaked. 2.07 RUU had some issues. lots of Wi-Fi ones. 2.10 RUU had data connection issues. 2.11 seems to handle weak signal areas well... as in no lose/switching but LTE data speeds seem to be slower than Froyo MR2 speeds. I haven't been in a well covered LTE area since loading 2.11. Sadly I've only made it to places I haven't been. Doesn't make for good comparison. By checking VZW's LTE coverage map I can see they were in "extended 4G". Add to it I was in old Industrial steel frame brick buildings. Data was solid even in basements. It was faster than my 3G, but wasn't the mind blowing fast I've seen. Time will tell.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly same thing happens on mine. I have to go in and out of Airplane mode, or restart at least once a day. Very frustrating, but I would want to research the problems other phones have before jumping ship.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The GB OTA update will rollout with updated radio firmware. We all hope this will produce yet another improvement in the data loss issue.

-Frank