My capacitive buttons used to light up?

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. Are you saying that they don't anymore? Mine do, even when I'd rather they did not (like when watching Netflix).

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt(Das BAMF 1.7) using Tapatalk.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you have flashed the gingeritis rom, they won't light up in the sunlight to save battery life. You need to provide more info we aren't mind readers

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Are you saying that they don't anymore? Mine do, even when I'd rather they did not (like when watching Netflix).

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt(Das BAMF 1.7) using Tapatalk.

I had to put a little piece of black electrical tape over the sensor to make my capacitive buttons light up (ever) The light from the screen was bright enough that the sensor always shut off the lights. I got sick of it hense the tape. Of course now they're always on but compared to my og droid they are so dim they never bother me. The droid had so many terrific features compared to htc and the lights came on and off at just the right times.

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the HTC Dock ? I ask because my Thunderbolt is 100% stock and I've noticed every morning when I take it off the HTC Dock they no longer light up till I do a full reboot ( fastboot NOT enabled ).

FatKat Pat

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine don't light up when its dark any more. Actually they won't light up at all even with the sensor covered. Is there a option i'm over looking somewhere? All stock.

Swyped via Tbolt

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine don't light up when its dark any more. Actually they won't light up at all even with the sensor covered. Is there a option i'm over looking somewhere? All stock.

Swyped via Tbolt

Mine aren't either.....sort of bothers me.....nothing to keep me up......nap time

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Swyped via Tbolt

Tape over the sensor works for me. Are you sure you're covering the right sensor?

FatKat Pat

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Not really. I guessed the front camera shared the window with it. My screen doesn't go off when I talk on the phone every time either. All these things have started recently and have been the only issues. Not a deal breaker, just curious what is going on with it.

Swyped via Tbolt

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried testing the sensor? I use a free app from the market called Androsensor. It lists all the sensors supported by my phone (and which ones my phone lacks) and shows a constant readout from all of them. Great way to check for a dud sensor.

The sensor is located near the notification light, by the way.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I turned off the light while reading this thread, the keys did not illuminate. Turned off phone, then back on, keys are now illuminated.

Transmitted from my Thunderbolt, on Verizon's 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463