I know its bad... but has anyone

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the tbolt on day one and never had a problem with it. And i just switched to the bionic just cause im that type that have to have the latest. And so far im impressed with the bionic and no problems so far......

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought the tbolt on day one and never had a problem with it. And i just switched to the bionic just cause im that type that have to have the latest. And so far im impressed with the bionic and no problems so far......

I was impressed as well... but since I'm really happy for the most part with CM7... I'm strickly HTC person now. If the bionic gets bootloader unlocked and a CM7 build before Verizon gets a Google Phone (sony doesn't count... I can't stand the gamepad) I may jump to it. My only issues I have with CM7 are tethering requires 2 tries before it transmits data and all of a sudden, I cannot place a call over bluetooth in the car. I can receive them just fine (could be the other phone, out of coincidence both times I tried calling out recently were to 2 different verizon iphones).

The LTE connectivity issue wouldn't play a factor for me as I live out of range where I shouldn't connect, and frequent strong lte areas (got 32Mbps download yesterday WOOT!).

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to look at the bionic today and do have to say that the screen on the thunderbolt is noticeably crisper and sharper. The bionic is grainy comparing them side by side. That's enough for me to not to buy it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I went to look at the bionic today and do have to say that the screen on the thunderbolt is noticeably crisper and sharper. The bionic is grainy comparing them side by side. That's enough for me to not to buy it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ah... I would give up some of the crispness if I could see the screen outdoors. I did find something that helps with that though. In this beautiful bright south florida sun, wearing polarized sunglasses makes the screen visible.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
If you read the first days banter about the TBolt you'll find pretty much the same thing. Every phone is perfect the first day :)

-Frank

I've been reading the Bionic forums off and on since the phone launched. Looks like the honeymoon is over. Many are going to or have already returned it. It's my own rough estimate, but it seems like approx. 25% return ratio (or more). I missed the Thunderbolt launch (or any other smartphone for that matter), so not sure if this is typical or not. It's very interesting though.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading the Bionic forums off and on since the phone launched. Looks like the honeymoon is over. Many are going to or have already returned it. It's my own rough estimate, but it seems like approx. 25% return ratio (or more). I missed the Thunderbolt launch (or any other smartphone for that matter), so not sure if this is typical or not. It's very interesting though.

And I guess you think every Bionic owner is on this forum???

A week after picking up the Bionic for my wife all I've heard is how much she loves the new phone... but she must be one of the minority since she is not a member here... and she has not come to me with one issue.... being a first time Android user.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
And I guess you think every Bionic owner is on this forum???

A week after picking up the Bionic for my wife all I've heard is how much she loves the new phone... but she must be one of the minority since she is not a member here... and she has not come to me with one issue.... being a first time Android user.

I understand the sample size from the forums here is a small representation of the overall user base and that there are many who are not experiencing issues with the Bionic and like the phone. Although I've read some negative reviews elsewhere even on Verizon's site. I just thought may be others who were here for the Thunderbolt launch (or familiar with other highly anticipated phone releases) may have a little more insight into whether this return ratio or those who are unhappy with a phone shortly after launch is typical or not. Or in general, if there is a normal percentage of phones that are just lemons out of the gate.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that there is a higher than normal amount of people who are either having problems with the Bionic or are highly disappointed with it and have already either returned it or plan to. There are others commenting that they are keeping the phone even though they are not very happy with it and are just waiting for other soon to be released phones and will then sell the Bionic. Overall, it doesn't sound good for such a highly anticipated and long delayed phone.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Dig down into the forums on launch day of any hotly anticipated device. There will always be launch-day problems, there will always be people with unrealistic expectations (whether prompted by overly flowery ad copy or simply because of extreme anticipation) and there will always be people with buyer's remorse who don't see that any other device will ALSO have its share of lauch-day issues.

That's why I'm glad I have my Thunderbolt now, after the horrors of the MR1 release, after the reboot issues and all the other things I'm reading about are long past, after people who have tread before me have figured out how to turn off the LTE radio for those of us deep in the sticks who won't have LTE until at least two years from now, and now that it's a relatively mature and seemingly solid phone (I had exactly one unexpected reboot on the phone in the last week, when I was charging my new extended battery for the very first time I got the "Thunderclap sound" and realized that the phone had just rebooted - hasn't happened before or since).

Of course, I am eager for Gingerbread, but I also realize that it'll probably cause its own share of issues, so I don't check for updates every 2 hours and I'll probably try and delay the upgrade for at least a few days and watch these forums for problem reports. My phone is, in addition to a fun toy, a serious support device that I need to rely on for my company to reach me 24/7. So I'll lag behind a bit and let others get the ouchies.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You'll always get the worst of the worst phone stories on forums like this. If you have absolutely no problems and are fine with the way it works (majority of users) why frequent a forum like this? My Tbolt has had a few glitches in the beginning but none of the really severe ones. And now I love it. Luckily I live in NYC where 4G is pretty solid so I don't see a lot of the switching between 3G and 4G. I'm looking forward to seeing the Vigor but have no intentions of switching. I actually prefer the heft of the Tbolt. Every other "light" phone now feels like a toy to me!

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I had no issues the day I bought my phone to but I did something stupid, I went to verizon to ask what else I could do about the battery lasting longer, the tech said "oh wait you have a bad charge port" let me send you a new one, I told him I just spent 250 & do not want a refurbished. He swore I would get brand new.. Nope I got a damn refurbished & have has major issues since.. The constant rebooting, texts going to the wrong person, freezing & whatr ever else I can't think if. Since I know nothing about computers I wont root my phone Cuz I know I will destroy it. On my 6th thunderbolt since I got my first the day it came out & I swear they get worse each time. So patiently waiting for the ota upgrade.. Grrrrrr

Don't worry Since Yesterday I Have Had 9 Replacements
And They Won't Do Nothing About It -_____-
I Used To Freaking Love Verizon
but They Are Disappointing Me Now English

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry Since Yesterday I Have Had 9 Replacements
And They Won't Do Nothing About It -_____-
I Used To Freaking Love Verizon
but They Are Disappointing Me Now English

I don't think replacing a brand new device under warranty with a refurb piece o crap is fair.
I got no warning that they changed from 4 week exchange to 2 week exchange period and with a stocking fee to boot! (Yes I know it was in the fine print. Its moves like this that give fine print a bad name. Can you honestly say you read every word of that jibberish?)
This 2 year contract will be my swan song with vzw. Metro pcs simply offers much more value without need of a contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2