I know its bad... but has anyone

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know its bad... but has anyone decided to stop over at the Droid Bionic forums and see the problems and complaints their having? Its funny cause I had to read all the " I cant wait to get the Bionic when it comes out, its gonna be soooooo goooooddddd.. the Thunderbolts sucks, I hate my thunderbolt " posts.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased a Bionic for my wife... not one issue!!! And I've had NO issues with my Thunderbolt... purchased on Day ONE!!!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
no auto shut off, no complaints about pixel-lated screens, discolored yellows, stuck extended batteries... Nothing..... come on..... no complaints.... ;-) haha. I just thought it was slightly comical.

Reactions: therealmrtee

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The issues there having is no seems to know how to work a Android phone or say a moto Android phone. As for technical issues is see little complaints.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you read the first days banter about the TBolt you'll find pretty much the same thing. Every phone is perfect the first day :)

-Frank

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
But I do believe the Bionic is also the FIRST Verizon Gingerbread LTE device... not counting custom ROMs.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded last week from the Incredible. I happen to like the Thunderbolt ALOT. I like HTC. Not a Motorola fan. It is personal choice

sent from my Thunderbolt

Reactions: HPBolt

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I had no issues the day I bought my phone to but I did something stupid, I went to verizon to ask what else I could do about the battery lasting longer, the tech said "oh wait you have a bad charge port" let me send you a new one, I told him I just spent 250 & do not want a refurbished. He swore I would get brand new.. Nope I got a damn refurbished & have has major issues since.. The constant rebooting, texts going to the wrong person, freezing & whatr ever else I can't think if. Since I know nothing about computers I wont root my phone Cuz I know I will destroy it. On my 6th thunderbolt since I got my first the day it came out & I swear they get worse each time. So patiently waiting for the ota upgrade.. Grrrrrr

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like at least some of the Bionics are having data connection issues as well. Also a huge string on how crappy the camera is. Interesting.........

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like at least some of the Bionics are having data connection issues as well. Also a huge string on how crappy the camera is. Interesting.........

The one I played with in the store couldn't decide if it wanted to connect to LTE or 3G. Constantly switching back and forth. To be fair, the Thunderbolt when it came out was in the exact same spot and did the exact same thing. The store is on the edge of an LTE zone. I live 1-2 miles away and am out of the LTE area in my apartment, but when I leave my complex, I connect a few hundred feet down the road. I wish data was more continuous with 3G/4G. If I'm downloading something on 3G, and enter a 4G area, it won't switch, but will if I do the opposite. Sucks being on the border :p

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing I wouldn't knock about the tbolt is the camera. The software isn't the best but the camera takes better photos than most phone cams.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The one I played with in the store couldn't decide if it wanted to connect to LTE or 3G. Constantly switching back and forth. To be fair, the Thunderbolt when it came out was in the exact same spot and did the exact same thing. The store is on the edge of an LTE zone. I live 1-2 miles away and am out of the LTE area in my apartment, but when I leave my complex, I connect a few hundred feet down the road. I wish data was more continuous with 3G/4G. If I'm downloading something on 3G, and enter a 4G area, it won't switch, but will if I do the opposite. Sucks being on the border :p

That has to kill the battery! I am personally stoked for the vigor!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I have come to believe that all of us and all 3G/4G/LTE capable phones will simply have to deal with these things until LTE is as commonplace as 3G is now. It won't be all that much longer. When virtually everything is LTE this will become a moot point. Even though it is very aggravating right now. Particularly how the entire data connection is often lost for too long before finding itself again. Patience, I guess :)

-Frank

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had no issues the day I bought my phone to but I did something stupid, I went to verizon to ask what else I could do about the battery lasting longer, the tech said "oh wait you have a bad charge port" let me send you a new one, I told him I just spent 250 & do not want a refurbished. He swore I would get brand new.. Nope I got a damn refurbished & have has major issues since.. The constant rebooting, texts going to the wrong person, freezing & whatr ever else I can't think if. Since I know nothing about computers I wont root my phone Cuz I know I will destroy it. On my 6th thunderbolt since I got my first the day it came out & I swear they get worse each time. So patiently waiting for the ota upgrade.. Grrrrrr
6 Thunderbolts is really uncalled for. I would call customer care and also be nice when you talk to them.
Ask if there is something they can do for you. It should be on your account that you have had 5 replacement devices. Ask if they can switch you to another device.... I had gone thru many BB devices and Retention let me have the Incredible. I recently upgraded to the TB and have no problems so far!

I don't know what they will do for you, but worth a try.

Good luck

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That has to kill the battery! I am personally stoked for the vigor!
I don't live in a 4G area. But Scottsdale and Phoenix are 4G. I am not using the 4G. I have my TB set to the CDMA only. I am finding the 3G experience on the Thunderbolt better than the Incredible which was my previous device. I prefer to save on the battery. I am still happy with the phone. But I am mainly in 3G so this is my choice. To have it struggle to find a signal isn't good for the battery and frustrating for the user. If using 3G isn't a deal breaker for you, keep it set at CDMA and see how that works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10