Thunderbolt or revolution?

soca718

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, i have a choice of phones either the Thunderbolt or Revolution,, which phone is the better get, the price is not an issue

soca718

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
i wish i could get the bionic. I have a charge and my battery is running verry hot. VZ has no batteries anywhere and offered me new thunderbolt or Revolution in exchange

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i wish i could get the bionic. I have a charge and my battery is running verry hot. VZ has no batteries anywhere and offered me new thunderbolt or Revolution in exchange

This is nonsense. We have the batteries, they are just located in a weird place. If you want to keep the Charge, call back and have them send you the 1600 mAh battery for the Samsung Continuum. Its the exact same battery, but most reps do not know that.

However, since I despise Bing, I would never touch a Revolution. Simultaneous Voice+Data on 3G, kick stand, Sense are all pros to me.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Both are really good phones. I think the thunderbolt is a better choice. Thunderbolt has simultaneous voice and data on 3G and LTE. Better camera and I like sense better than LG's skin, forgot what they call it. I don't know about battery life on the revolution but assume its approximately the same as the tbolt. No LTE phones are great on battery life, at least not the first generation ones. Both phones are the same size, more or less. Both have pretty good build quality.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt. It has a much better Dev community. The phone itself is pretty much as reliable and efficient as LG with a better UI

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt. It has a much better Dev community. The phone itself is pretty much as reliable and efficient as LG with a better UI

THIS.

I had the Revolution for 13 days. I hated it! Force closes like crazy and pretty much zero support from the dev community. I also hate BING with a passion. In all honesty, battery life was much worse with the revolution.

You can't even buy a decent name brand case for the revo.

I got my thunderbolt tuesday and i love it!

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The Thundetbolt sucks and it's ugly and is the definitive "bad battery life" phone.
The Revolution is better and the Charge is better than the Revolution. I don't really know what to make of the Bionic. I've used one for 2 days straight and all its pros don't seem to outweigh its terrible screen. It's the second worse screen on any Android phone for VZW, the worst being the Vortex.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt without hesitation. The LG is great for a first time smartphone user, but HTC is a much better product. You will be happy with the TB

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt all the way. Its seriously the only phone on vzw that i would get. The bionic is nice but i love the bolt because its just a nice phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Reactions: Jude526

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Thundetbolt sucks and it's ugly and is the definitive "bad battery life" phone.
The Revolution is better and the Charge is better than the Revolution. I don't really know what to make of the Bionic. I've used one for 2 days straight and all its pros don't seem to outweigh its terrible screen. It's the second worse screen on any Android phone for VZW, the worst being the Vortex.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

I am strangely happy to hear a dissenting opinion.

My honest opinion to the OP is to keep the Charge and call them back and tell them to send him a Samsung Continuum battery, as it is the same battery the Charge uses. Its the easiest choice to me.

Ask any rep to look at the description for the Continuum battery: It is the same battery used in both the Charge and the Presto (which is the 4G dedicated MHS).

BlackHippy21

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Never had the revolution, but the thunderbolt has amazing dev community. Just make sure to get the extended battery and your set.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Of course asking in the Thunderbolt forum, you're going to get some biased answers. Trying to be unbiased though, definitely the Thunderbolt. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Revo, and if it's your cup of tea, root the phone and install a ROM. You won't be disappointed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The Thunderbolt is not an ugly device. I don't know how anyone can think it is ugly. It is also a great phone even if the battery life is not the best. HTC products are the best.:)
I love my bolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20