Visual Voicemail doesn't download the entire message

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've got an issue on my stock Thunderbolt where visual voicemail doesn't download the entire message.

I went into the verizon store and they weren't familiar with the problem. We eneded up unsubscribing from visual voicemail and re-setting it up again, and that brought the entire message in. It seemed to be working fine, but now it just did it again. I have a 31 second voicemail and can hear the entire message if I dial in, but the visual voicemail cuts it off after 13 seconds.

I unsubscribed, then set it back up again. The message downloaded and showed 31 seconds until I went to play it. Then it still cut off at 13 seconds again and went back to showing 13 seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Do we know if 2.3 is going to fix this?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me that maybe the audio file is being corrupted on download to device, how is your data connection? I am using Better You Mail and haven't seen this so it seems to be something with Verizon's transfer method.

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The service in my office is terrible (Our building is too well insulated - step outside and I have full 4G coverage). We have wifi so data itself is fine, but I think the transfer of the file is via cell signal only, because I can't download voicemail messages when I'm out of signal range, even though I still have wifi.

I asked the verizon tech at the store about the possibility of the transfer failing due to poor signal and he seemed to think that as long as the file is on their server, it should download in full at some point... but I have a feeling that guy doesn't know what he's talking about because it obviously isn't doing that.

Also - on a somewhat side note - anyone noticed the quality difference in the visual voicemail vs. calling in? VV is a lot more grainy - like listening to a crappy AM radio station. I also asked the verizon guy about this and he said that it's the compression they use to get the voicemail to the phone. I told him that sucks because I used to have an AT&T iPhone and their VV sounds perfect.
He gave me a BS response as I was expecting. Anyway, not really much of a question on that point, really just venting. Hopefully someday Verizon will upgrade the audio quality of their VV.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd say stop using it and start using google voice. Vvm has always had this problem for me too.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try

YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.youmail.android.vvm&feature=search_result

ss-480-0-3

or

Better YouMail at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bestitguys.BetterYouMailPro&feature=search_result

ss-480-0-7