I willing to bet that we don't get a software update this month.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: I willing to bet that we don't get a software update this mon

I think the promises eluded to are not that an update was promised, rather certain expectations of functionality were promised (Skype, Google Talk, doesn't boot-loop, lets you know you have a VM, can find GPS sats, etc.) and not delivered upon release. Now we are months post-release and certain features are still not completely functional. For me it's not about "give me GB or give me death"... It's about "make sure the thing does what it is supposed to do, and make sure it does it well". Hopping off the soap-box now....

I do agree with you there. For me, it has done everything I need it to do. I know if I could do more, I would find an excuse to do more useless things.....LOLOLOL. I remember telling myself "I want that front facing camera to video chat"....I have video chatted 3 times in 5 months......and only with my daughter.....LOLOL

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Being a techno junkie I feel your pain.

I was talking with my techno illiterate friend the other day about cellphone technology and where we came from to now where we are. He has a basic cell that doesn't even have a keypad on it and he send me long messages. I tell him the benefits of a keyboard, but he tells me he is ok.

The problem I have with the argument of "they promised me this phone would do this or that" is that they can only:

1. Do so much with a technology. I know the TBolt isn't that old in human years, but in techno years, it is middle aged or at least approaching the HILL.

2. When you bought a car say in Jan. of 2011, you know that the new models will be out in the summer time. They never sold you a car with the promise of "Well, we know this car isn't perfect and the new models come out in 4 months, bring it back and we will upgrade it for you". They only fix things with a recall. The TBolt hasn't been recalled and we (ME included) are demanding a upgrade to our phones. HTC and VZW are going to give it to us, but we just have to be a little more patient.

When I bought my TBolt, no where in the paperwork does it say "Look, we know this is running a current software version, but, pssssssssst, in 6 or 8 months we are going to OTA it with a newer one". They never made any promises to upgrade software....they have fixed things with patches.

But with all that said, I am too looking forward to the GB update, not because it is promised to me, but because I am a techno geek that likes to tinker around with my phone.

Actually you are wrong, I bought the TB the day it came out & have been pretty happy overall with it.. That being said, the day I got the phone the sales person told me about all these features it has for example being able to video chat.. But when I spoke to the Vz tech which I always do after I buy a phone he told me that all these features do not work & that htc is already working on an upgrade to fix all the bugs it has & will take a few months to get it right & to make sure there aren't any new ones.... so I have known since the day I got the phone that a promised upgrade was on the works. Thats why I kept the phone.. I have been going to Vz wireless off & on & calling for a long time now & every time they said very soon.. Yes I my damn upgrade that will fix my rebooting & whatever else.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the latest RUU for the TB. Just wondering if can I hold out till Friday before I pull the trigger. I have no problems with my TB today other than meeting invites through Microsoft Exchange. I doubt very seriously Gingerbread will help me there. And so far I don't know of anyone who has video conferencing capabilities that I would even talk to.
I may just be nervous about nothing but I need it to be a phone most of all and right now I have no complaints there.
Feel free to talk me into taking the plunge:cool:

Schmoes like me with corporate phones we don't dare mess with need brave testers like you to run Gingerbread and let us corporate cowardly types know what will work and what won't.

If you won't do it for yourself, would you consider doing it for me? ;)

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Schmoes like me with corporate phones we don't dare mess with need brave testers like you to run Gingerbread and let us corporate cowardly types know what will work and what won't.

If you won't do it for yourself, would you consider doing it for me? ;)

LOL:D Good Try!

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

HTCUSA HTC USA @PaulVarts It is still scehduled to be released before October Paul. Thanks for being patient!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You know what I hate...when you call a tech company the the overseas rep (who calls himself fred or jack) says, "Thanks for patiently waiting...." I am NOT patient while I'm waiting and he has no right to ask me to be!

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

You know what I hate...when you call a tech company the the overseas rep (who calls himself fred or jack) says, "Thanks for patiently waiting...." I am NOT patient while I'm waiting and he has no right to ask me to be!

I had to laugh at that one. You ever watch "The Big Bang Theory"?. That is something that Sheldon would totally say.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Well, three days left and it ain't here yet.............

I'm still trying to figure out why you still troll the Thunderbolt forums. If you still owned a Thunderbolt, you've been able to run stable Gingerbread builds for months now.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Is this going to be like the HTC Droid Incredible? I believe it started September the 2nd. and I am still waiting for it.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm still trying to figure out why you still troll the Thunderbolt forums. If you still owned a Thunderbolt, you've been able to run stable Gingerbread builds for months now.

I'm sure you are still trying to figure out most things in life - don't let it get you down.

I will help you with some of the things that you can't figure out:

1. I assume you "troll" these Gingerbread threads (even though YOU'VE been able to run stable Gingerbread builds for months now) for the same reason I do - because you want to.

2. Yes, I still have my Thunderbolt. I do not "love" my TB, but we do have a cordial relationship.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

OK. It's here, they made it before the end of the month. Thank you Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski