Does ANY market screenshot App work on Tbolt (non-rooted)

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No Root Screenshot works fine. The reason for the "bad" reviews is that it has one important thing different than the rooted screenshot apps. You have to hook your phone to the USB port on your computer and run an "enable screenshot" app (from your PC) to enable the screenhot capability. This has to be re-accomplished after the phone is restarted. It takes about 15 seconds. It maintains as long as you don't restart your phone.

There are a few reasons that I don't find this "bad". One is that whenever I want to share a screenshot, if No Root Screenshot isn't already enabled, I am almost always at my PC, so, who cares? Also, I can still share screenshots directly from my phone, anytime/anywhere, if I have not restarted my phone since enabling No Root Screenshot. The times remaining where I might be "caught with my pants down" are so rare for me that it hasn't happened in two months.

But, somehow, you still gotta scrape up the 5 bucks! :) Coke bottle returns, maybe?

-Frank
attachment.php

Apologies for OT - but this is a great wallpaper! - do you mind sharing its source?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Never gave had issues with Amazon. And they save every app if you have issues or change phones. I use both

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Using the red one right now. Redhead. Red car. Red screen. Lol

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Take a screenshot! Lol

Check out this thread about amazon:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17715263

Last edited:

street9009

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone ever find a solution for this? My TB is rooted but my girlfriend's isn't and she doesn't want to be, but she wants to be able to take a screenshot and post it to Facebook. Any way to do it?

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I use screenshot UX trial version. It is free and works, unrooted. You do have to tether it to the pc for a few seconds after a reboot to reactivate it, but that is not a big deal to me. If it was, I would root. One other thing, I think it is because I use the trial version, but it does just quit after a while. This only requires you to restart the app though, you do not need to tether unless you actually reboot the device.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You can use no root screen shot it, as mentioned on the first page of this thread. Though it requires the use of a computer. Stand alone screen shots are not possible without root.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Also, not all ROMS do it for you either. For example, I am using INFECTED ETERNITY (Build 191) and when I press the power button, it doesn't have that options. But, I know all of BAMF's ROMS and Gingeritis have that feature.

I use to use DX Top (it is a launcher) which had an option, the problem is, you have to press the camera button, which the TBolt doesn't have but my original Droid did....so, I guess that is useless.

You can always do the harder method and hook your phone up and use ADK (Android Dev. Kit). There are more steps and not convenient for posting on the fly.

street9009

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem. She isn't computer savvy and I know she'll hate hooking the phone up to her PC every time she reboots it just so she can take screenshots. I use CM7 and it has a built-in screenshot ability and I would very much like to find something like that for her too.

Anyone ever heard of ShootMe? Its not on the market anymore but I found an APK for it. Wondering if it works.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, not all ROMS do it for you either. For example, I am using INFECTED ETERNITY (Build 191) and when I press the power button, it doesn't have that options. But, I know all of BAMF's ROMS and Gingeritis have that feature.

I use to use DX Top (it is a launcher) which had an option, the problem is, you have to press the camera button, which the TBolt doesn't have but my original Droid did....so, I guess that is useless.

You can always do the harder method and hook your phone up and use ADK (Android Dev. Kit). There are more steps and not convenient for posting on the fly.

Any rooted phone can use an app like screenshot it or drocap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay