Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LAKingsDru
  • 1 Post By jivester
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher Pro Plus or ADW EX

I just wanted to get opinions on which of these two launchers (Launcher Pro Plus or ADW EX) you prefer or have used. I like customization but I dont want a launcher that will slow responsiveness. I have never used a launcher before but just looking for something different to switch thing up a little bit. Also, if I am going to pay of one of the two, I want to get my money's worth. Any opinions?? Yeah I realize this is probably a "Do you like Ford or Chevy" question but I just wanted to see what what you all had to say.

Try go launcher ex. It's chock full of customization options. Isn't a battery pig and not really laggy. It has its moments. But a real good launcher.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47 likes this.

Agreed. I've used all of them and prefer go launcher. Plus it's free!

Sent from my BLACKSOURC3 using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock, for now...

Default Re: Launcher Pro Plus or ADW EX

I like sense 3.0

I'm afraid to root my thunderbolt but love the look of sense 3.0.

Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

Does Go Launcher support the landscape flipping? Thats one of the reasons I love Launcher Pro (ADW does it also). But since I have a sense 3.0 rom, im staying on that lol.

Yes. You can flip your phone and it landscape

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

I use Launcher Pro and I'm pretty happy with it aside from the occasional redraw and lag. I'm not sure if it's my phone or the launchers, but both ADW and LP had the issue, where stock gingerbread never did.

Tapatalkin' from my Atrix'd out DROID X2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I know I am off my topic but is gingerbread coming soon?? I am just anxious I guess and its almost the end of the month.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingsDru View Post
    I'm afraid to root my thunderbolt but love the look of sense 3.0.

So to get sense 3.0 you have to be rooted??

Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tallen316 View Post
    So to get sense 3.0 you have to be rooted??

Yes... Rooted using a custom Sense 3.0 ROM. The Gingerbread update will not include Sense 3.0. If I remember correctly it was ported by the devs from the HTC Sensation onto the Bolt.

Any plans for tb to get sense 3.0 in the future?

Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingsDru View Post
    Any plans for tb to get sense 3.0 in the future?

When Sense 3.0 first came out on the Sensation... HTC said the Thunderbolt would not be receiving it... But since then we now have a working version running on the Bolt.. thanks to the devs.
    So... Who knows, maybe HTC will change their minds when they realize its working on the Bolt.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    ROM
    Leaked Android 4.0.4

HTC will not put new versions of Sense on old phones if u want HTC sense 3.0 on a Verizon HTC phone root ur Tbolt or wait for HTC Viger aka HTC thunderbolt 2 or switch to Sprint or T-Mobile for EVO 3D or Sensation

I used launcher pro for a while. On my Droid and my tbolt. I recently switched to go launcher ex and in my opinion this is the best launcher out there. Tons of cool customization and the app drawer is way neat.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace193 View Post
    I used launcher pro for a while. On my Droid and my tbolt. I recently switched to go launcher ex and in my opinion this is the best launcher out there. Tons of cool customization and the app drawer is way neat.
    Do you find that go ex runs smooth on your tbolt?? Also does it give you the option to hide apps in the app drawer?

ADW EX over all. i've used every launcher will stick with adw

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

I have used ADW Ex since my Nexus One and now use it on My Bolt I've tried the others go launcher is nice but I always come back to adw ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Does Go Launcher support the landscape flipping? Thats one of the reasons I love Launcher Pro (ADW does it also). But since I have a sense 3.0 rom, im staying on that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tallen316 View Post
    Also does it give you the option to hide apps in the app drawer?
    Yes on both accounts -- quite simply Go Launcher EX rocks!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace193 View Post
    Do you use any go widgets and go sms? I find that using a combo of these along with go launcher ex makes my phone unusable at times because they are such resource hogs.

Tapatalkin' from my Atrix'd out DROID X2

ROM
    cm7, miui.

I think sense 3.5 is going to be included in the update. At least that's what I heard from droid-life.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Go Launcher EX is great. I had LPP and I swapped it out for Go Launcher months ago and haven't looked back. Customization is awesome and updates keep on coming. Plus its free. There are many themes to choose from, some are free and some are paid. It works very well. I don't see the lag that I used to get with LPP when you hit the home key and 15 seconds later you have icons populating on the screen. Great launcher, you can't go wrong.

I also use Go Contacts and Go Dialer Ex. Both great apps as well.

lpp comes with sweet widgets, the easiest widget size customization, lots of speed, and a scrollable dock. My phone has never functioned easier.
    djrakowski likes this.

I had recently started playing around with other launchers a month or two ago, as I was getting bored with Sense. I started with ADW, and I really liked it. But I wanted to see what Launcher Pro was like, so I tried that one out, and I liked it even more than ADW. I had also downloaded Go Launcher, but I figured LP was going to be my launcher of choice. Then I decided, what the heck, might as well try out Go Launcher.

I think I've ended up settling on Go Launcher, to be honest. It basically has everything I like from LPP and ADW. It runs very nicely on my Thunderbolt, but to be fair, I don't use many Go widgets to know if that'd make it less smooth; the only one I use is the People/ Contacts one.