Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FrankXS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data Failed, Data Failed

Hey guys, I keep having to go into Menu.Setting.Wirelss & Networks and keep unchecking and re checking mobile network, untill it connects, keep getting Data Failed, even with 3g and 2 bars. Have turned phone's LTE off and am only using CDMA now. This is in a 4g area. Use to have full 4g. Now can't connect to crap. Verizon says it is the area I am in. Calling B^%%S&*! and offer no service.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Data Failed, Data Failed

Please HELP, Since Verizon is worthless.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Try removing the battery and SIM card for a few minutes and then putting everything back. You might just need a new SIM card which you can get for free if you go down to Verizon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Tried it works better for a short period of time, then back to normal.

This happened to me while I was camping for an entire weekend.

Came home got on my WiFi to get all my emails and junk while I was unpacking, got in the car to go up to Verizon and boom. Worked fine again.

From what I can tell having been connected to wireless for a bit reset something that was off a setting or glitch with the radio, not sure. But try to connect to WiFi for a good bit of time and see if that works.

Some people say to put it in airplane more for a few minutes to reset it, same idea I think.

I would try WiFi or airplane mode.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Are you using the latest update? Perhaps it would be advantageous to downgrade to an older radio or even reflash the current version

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Stock

I get data drops, mostly when I switch connection modes (WiFi to no WiFi, 3G to 1x, 1x to 3G, signal drop-regain, etc, no 4G within 100 miles of me at the moment). Almost every time, toggling airplane mode for about 5 seconds works fine. The phone has required a restart only twice.

It's annoying, but hey - I live in Maine. Both of my Blackberries on AT&T did the same thing. When you live in the sticks, the high tech gimcrackery doesn't always work right.

Maybe the new radio firmware will help. Maybe not. We'll see.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

It is a real issue and has me wondering as well. VZW is keep their 'head in sand' and not acknowledge folks are having problems. And not just tbolts but all 4g devices.

AP had a nice writeup on this.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck15851 View Post
    Now can't connect to crap.
    Have you checked the Market to see if there has been a new updated version of crap released?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Ed Witles likes this.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

There is a crap app, I think.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I guess the airplane mode toggle is the same as checking and unchecking the data that i have been doing, works fine, for a while then goes to crap, Seems to be when phone goes to sleep if disconnnets, then i wake it up and no data........

I tried to navigate today and got a data network down message. I didn't even know you need data to navigate

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck15851 View Post
    I guess the airplane mode toggle is the same as checking and unchecking the data that i have been doing, works fine, for a while then goes to crap, Seems to be when phone goes to sleep if disconnnets, then i wake it up and no data........
    Have you tried a factory reset?

People seem to be getting fed up with these issues.

ROM
    Stock

Been having the same problems, on my fourth physical Thunderbolt right now. HTC nor Verizon is acknowledging the intermittent problem or has a way to fix it.