HTC Vigor battery size

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC Vigor Battery Size Revealed?

I have a reliable source who says the Vigor/Incredible HD/Thunderbolt 2 will be released on October 13. We all know its dualcore, 720p display, sense 3.0, and beats audio and looks like a decent battery upgrade(lets hope they fit our thunderbolts!!) ....yes this phone seems amazing but for the people like me who shelled out over around $500 to get one on ebay (no upgrade) only a couple of months ago are out of luck! the fact we still have no front facing camera support for skype or gtalk video is baffling. I love Verizon but enough with the BLOAT and DELAYS!!!!

I don't want 10 vcast apps hogging my damn memory, vz navigator HAHAHAH

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Those bloatware apps do not hog up your memory. I know they are a nuisance to see on our phones, unless you root. If you use them, they will then use memory. So don't be concerned with that.
This also includes the VZ Navigator. i actually liked the Navigation when I had BB but hate paying for it. We have the option with Google voice navigation and it works great. Just don't click on the VZ Nav and you will be OK.
As for the new phone's battery fitting the Thunderbolt.........don't think it will. If you are wanting a battery for the Thunderbolt there are 3rd party batteries out there, but they really don't give that much more power to the phone. I know because I had the 1800 mAh for the Incredible and it maybe gave me just a couple more hours. I don't want to tempt it with the Thunderbolt. It really isn't good to use 3rd party batteries. I was lucky I didn't have any issues, but it can cause problems if you got a bad one.

Reactions: phoenixone

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
HTC Vigor Battery Size Revealed?

I have a reliable source who says the Vigor/Incredible HD/Thunderbolt 2 will be released on October 13. We all know its dualcore, 720p display, sense 3.0, and beats audio and looks like a decent battery upgrade(lets hope they fit our thunderbolts!!) ....yes this phone seems amazing but for the people like me who shelled out over around $500 to get one on ebay (no upgrade) only a couple of months ago are out of luck! the fact we still have no front facing camera support for skype or gtalk video is baffling. I love Verizon but enough with the BLOAT and DELAYS!!!!

I don't want 10 vcast apps hogging my damn memory, vz navigator HAHAHAH

The Vigor's 1.6 Ah battery will not fit into the Thunderbolt. Not by a long shot.

Secondly, if you are tired of delays, flash yourself the 2.11 RUU. Takes you start to finish about 20-30 minutes, including time to re-download apps and such. It requires no root, and does not void any warranty, as it is a manufacturer signed RUU. Once you have that, you have all the FFC support you want!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want a better battery, just get either the HTC extended battery or the Seidio one. Both are well-rated and make a huge difference. Your phone ends up looking a little bit preggers, but it's a (relatively) cheap and easy way to double your battery life.

I've got the HTC extended battery, and I like the feel of it - the edges give me more surfaces to grip when holding the phone. I've been on multi-hour phone calls with it and I don't find it at all heavy - I've had cordless phones that weighed a lot more.

And I don't worry so much about battery management any more. Autosync is all turned on, my desk has very intermittent signal which burns up battery, I've got the backlight turned up to bright, it's been unplugged since 6AM, and I'm looking at the end of the work day with moderate usage and over 40% battery left. That gives me plenty of charge to read a book on it after supper until about midnight.

Don't worry about trying to retrofit a battery from a different phone, just spend a few bucks on the right battery for YOUR phone, if battery life is such a hassle (as it was for me).

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I really want an extended battery but I use the Shell Holster combo because I am on my feet all day at work, and it ain't going in my pocket.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I really want an extended battery but I use the Shell Holster combo because I am on my feet all day at work, and it ain't going in my pocket.

I just saw this combo for the extended battery at an Verizon authorized dealer just the other day. It was slim like the TPU case, not bulky like the Otter Box combo.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the Siedio 1750 mAh battery along with juice defender, and it makes my thunderbolt feel like a normal smartphone. I keep my old stock battery in case I want to watch a bunch of movies on my phone on the go.

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
For battery worries you can also check out the 2x Battery app by Sam Lu. I consider myself a power user constantly downloading, texting, and the occasional 3 hour conversation because someone did something not intelligent. It improved the standard battery life to last well through a day.

I use the app with my extended battery and I average about 2 days of life with out worry. I should also note that I am rooted and running CM 7 RC 1.7

Hope this helps

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
For battery worries you can also check out the 2x Battery app by Sam Lu. I consider myself a power user constantly downloading, texting, and the occasional 3 hour conversation because someone did something not intelligent. It improved the standard battery life to last well through a day.

I use the app with my extended battery and I average about 2 days of life with out worry. I should also note that I am rooted and running CM 7 RC 1.7

Hope this helps

The bolded is what I would assume is your biggest battery saver. AOSP ROMs are always better than, say, Sense ROMs for battery life by a lot. Kernels also have a major impact aswell.

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The bolded is what I would assume is your biggest battery saver. AOSP ROMs are always better than, say, Sense ROMs for battery life by a lot. Kernels also have a major impact aswell.

I know it's the biggest battery saver. 2x Battery also keeps my radios from destroying my battery when I am at work. YAY, satellite dishes.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I know it's the biggest battery saver. 2x Battery also keeps my radios from destroying my battery when I am at work. YAY, satellite dishes.

Haha nice! I have some labs at work that are signal coffins... Spend an hour in there with your phone searching for signal... But that's what the room is designed to do: isolate radio traffic.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Secondly, if you are tired of delays, flash yourself the 2.11 RUU. Takes you start to finish about 20-30 minutes, including time to re-download apps and such. It requires no root, and does not void any warranty, as it is a manufacturer signed RUU. Once you have that, you have all the FFC support you want!

This is all well and good if you don't care about VM notification. It is broken in the GB leaks so far.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha nice! I have some labs at work that are signal coffins... Spend an hour in there with your phone searching for signal... But that's what the room is designed to do: isolate radio traffic.
Haha... signal coffins... my house has steel siding. But I call it "RF Repellent!" :) For that reason I have both a wireless repeater with a humongous rooftop antenna (I'm sure my neighbors love it!) and a VZW Network Extender. What a guy will do for cell coverage! :D Hey, it's my business phone, so I can write it off!

-Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol