Well guys after all the love and frustration

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever had issues like the ones you're saying when you go to people and hit a name and select their number and dial that way. It might be a work around. Like type in the number list it under aaa the select it from your people and go from there. I only ask this because I've had my Bolt since Apr. and never had this issue. But I rarely ever use the keypad to dial. Most of the people I call are already in my people folder. This might even tell if it's a problem such as a full cell tower. If you type in the number and hit call and it doesn't work try to save the number under aaa then try again to see if it goes through via the people folder. I hope what you have already done works or this might help if that doesn't.

Even going into people it does it. Happened tonight again. Oye. I recycled. Wonder what the problem is

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh. I thought this was a 100 percent call-out failure, not intermittent. Sorry. Intermittent is much different :) I thought, if it activated, it must be "calling-out". Anyway, good luck with the Refurb. I would accept it as long as it looks/behaves right. No biggie.

Edit: Just something to think about... this has happened a number of times to me, over the years (now that I realize you are talking about intermentent behavior). It is typically signal related. When you attempt to place a call it looks for a decent signal or it won't place the call. It is important to note that the "bars" are not always updated fast enough to tell any difference in temporary signal glitches. And, it's not just about signal strength, it's about signal quality -- which severely deteriorates with a maxed out cell tower. These "glitches" can be phone related or tower related or congestion related. I've actually waited long enough to get a connection virtually 1/2-1 min after hitting send. Now for the kicker, this has happened occasionally on every single phone I have owned, flip and smartphone combined. Including even one Sprint LG flip phone. I think it's a CDMA-centric behavior. In my opinion, if this happens only occasionally, I personally would not exchange a phone for this reason. Mainly because I would feel it would be unlikely that the behavior would be any different after exchange.

-Frank

I am keeping the original, not accepting the refurbished. I emailed Verizon and they called me. No issues with it but told me if I ever do need to replace it, no problem.

Droid38

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got a replacement & had similar issues.. Thank got after my last replacement(#4) my only issues are rebooting & texts going to the wrong person..

Please let me know how you like the Bionic..

60 minutes into it and I somethings I love about the Bionic.
Miss somethings of the TB already....
IMG-20110927-00015.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would miss the high quality htc camera but oh how I miss motorola quality. I had an issue today and hinted around with vzw rep but got nowhere. If only he offered me the bionic....

That was a funny post but I think they sell cases with built in stands don't they?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My silicone slip on cases have spot for the kickstand I have a leather case that is just slips into. Nice and roomy for it.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone wouldn't allow me to open it up. I got it from my laptop. i will give it a whirl.

thanks !:D

Android Central is great..........thank you all

It looks like an interesting program for sure. I use the HTC Contacts Widget and I like it a lot.

SISTER, I installed the OTA today (supposedly the leaked official), maybe that will help your issue you are having. So, far, it is stable and no bugs.

Droid38

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would miss the high quality htc camera but oh how I miss motorola quality. I had an issue today and hinted around with vzw rep but got nowhere. If only he offered me the bionic....

That was a funny post but I think they sell cases with built in stands don't they?

How many tb's have u had...
other things i love about the bionic....
The extended battery on the bionic feels way better and is way more functional then the tb extended battery. The tb however did feel better built as in sturdier. I had just gotten use to sense from the og droid and now back to blur. No problems yet with it. 3 hours in...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks like an interesting program for sure. I use the HTC Contacts Widget and I like it a lot.

SISTER, I installed the OTA today (supposedly the leaked official), maybe that will help your issue you are having. So, far, it is stable and no bugs.

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

I don't have thatm waiting on big red. Knock on wood things are OK right now....glad I kept my phone and not take the refurb