anybody try filelinx pro app?

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i take that as a no...was hoping somebody did or recommended something else...i want to be able to grab or look at whatever pc files i have at home from my phone..all the other stuff dropbox etc. seems like u have to put files in there ahead of time screw that i want access to everything

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
it costs a 12 pack of beer but wondering if anybody tried it..seems like it lets u access any file on your PC

That seems a little expensive for a APP.

From what I can tell it is like a GO TO MY PC type program. Have you tried using DROPBOX?. I like that program. You drag and drop things into your DROPBOX folder and fire up the app on your phone, and there it is. I have only used it for pictures, word & PDF's documents up to this point, works good for me!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for access to your files when you are home, I use and like "ES File Explorer" and it can access any shared folder (Windows Share, SAMBA, etc) I've ever tried. But you'd have to be at home or foolish enough to share your folders out on the Internet.

If you want to share ALL of your files on your hard drive where you can get at them, I'll only say that it sounds really risky to do so. Dropbox and others have the advantage of only being able to access what you put on them. Sharing, even supposedly encrypted sharing, of the entire contents of your computer on the big bad Internet sounds foolhardy. At least to me.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox is definately the way to go. I can remote access another PC, open DBx on the web, upload a file, and it appears immediately (within transfer time) on mine. Open the app on the phone and it's ready for downloading. A MUST HAVE if you work away from the office at all.
BTW, anybody want an invite to DBx?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox is definately the way to go. I can remote access another PC, open DBx on the web, upload a file, and it appears immediately (within transfer time) on mine. Open the app on the phone and it's ready for downloading. A MUST HAVE if you work away from the office at all.
BTW, anybody want an invite to DBx?

Only downfall is that you are limited to 2GB of FREE storage. 50GB is $9.99/month and 100GB is $19.99/month.

The 2GB is like having a USB jump drive....so, that is ok for me right now!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Only downfall is that you are limited to 2GB of FREE storage. 50GB is $9.99/month and 100GB is $19.99/month.

The 2GB is like having a USB jump drive....so, that is ok for me right now!

That is why I use SugarSync. You get 5GB of storeage for free. Plus it lets you sync any directory, not just the ones you drag into the Dropbox.

Nick099

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have. It works. Does exactly what it says it supposed to do. Setup is easy unless you are a newbie. They have detailed instructions and offer support if you are. It works from anywhere and it prints just about any file type. It does not use the cloud. It connects directly to your PC. No storage nonsense. I own the program so no extra fees or print baloney. $14.99 for an app that works with service behind it. You get what you pay for my friends. Free stuff, in my experience is good at best, but never great or reliable. It connects with up to 10 PC's. I have 5 PC's with three external drives all connected to my Android. Where ever I travel, I have all the files I need without Google or anyone else sifting through them. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante