New here and NOT happy with VZW or Tbolt

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I only came by to see what other issues people had with this crap phone. I am on my third and none of them has ever worked correctly. I am not usually a person that agrees with lawsuits and such but when you pay for a phone with certain features and said phone NEVER lives up to said features AND the seller does not do anything to make it right then that is theft. My phone reboots, loses conectivity CONSTANTLY, GPS takes a week to find itself, and I'm probably things leaving out. OH and I'm lucky if I get 4 hrs out of it. I'm not sure how many of you have these issues but how WHY do we put up with it? I did have a good conversation with the rep this morning that offered me 100$ and an early upgrade. I'm greatful and its more than I thought I would get offered but its still wrong it shouldnt come out of my pocket at all to get a phone that works. Am I just a PRICK or am I right?

THanks for listening
IM DONE NOW.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I only came by to see what other issues people had with this crap phone. I am on my third and none of them has ever worked correctly. I am not usually a person that agrees with lawsuits and such but when you pay for a phone with certain features and said phone NEVER lives up to said features AND the seller does not do anything to make it right then that is theft. My phone reboots, loses conectivity CONSTANTLY, GPS takes a week to find itself, and I'm probably things leaving out. OH and I'm lucky if I get 4 hrs out of it. I'm not sure how many of you have these issues but how WHY do we put up with it? I did have a good conversation with the rep this morning that offered me 100$ and an early upgrade. I'm greatful and its more than I thought I would get offered but its still wrong it shouldnt come out of my pocket at all to get a phone that works. Am I just a PRICK or am I right?

THanks for listening
IM DONE NOW.

you're right, in a way. but every phone has its shortcomings. (even the i&hone4 couldn't be used by LeftHanders...seriously..come on)
it does suck that battery life is less than desirable, but that's fixable by rooting (change ROM, go AOSP, change kernel, remove bloatware) or simple modifications of the phone (switch to 3g, use wifi, lower screen brightness, minimize your auto-sync frequency, lower screen-timeout)
GPS is shotty--but that's fixable by rooting or simple modifications to the phone (upgrade your radio).
reboots were annoying, but that's fixable by rooting or updating your phone software. since i've rooted, i've not had one single reboot--and many who updated their phone to GB leaks haven't had many reboots, either.

the phone isn't everything HTC/VZW said it would be at launch (skype? anyone?) but since you bought the phone, you can mod the phone. might void a warranty but you bought it. you have just as much ability to make it work as the next person (unless you're not willing to or not particularly tech savy, in which case forget i said it)

sorry you've had such a bad time, but many of the problems you'e stated have been addressed by homebrew Developers who are found in the Roots/Hacks forums here & xda, rootzwiki & are more than willing to help you maximize your phone.
best of luck.

if you've explorer alternatives & tried the simple solutions to extend battery, fix gps & reboots, then ok. you've done what most people have. if not, then there's a good quote from the tv show Frasier.
frasier, "you have no right to complain about a problem unless you've first done something in attempt to fix the problem"

i have become frustrated with the phone, too. where's Gingerbread without rooting? that still irks me. but considering there are loads of people that have fixed problems HTC never once pushed a fix-patch for & these people are doing it on their spare time (imoseyon, BAMF, Chingy, Adrynaline, etc), the resources are out there to correct mistakes that shouldn't have been there in the first place. but the fixes are there & i'll take advantage of them.

every phone on the market will have problems. any operating system. and there will always be "it could be better" posts. that can only be expected. some people just make the best of the phones they can afford & modify annoyances that can be corrected.
hope you find a phone that you like.

Last edited:

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on your side man, I paid full retail for this brick because I didn't have an upgrade. Cant wait for the Vigor

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same EXACT issues with my tbolt. To say the least, it pisses me off. It reboots daily and I've been in the V store countless times and they recognize the issue! They say we can get you a replacement but it would be the same software version and there are no guarantees it won't happen with the new one! What a joke. I like sense but the phone software issues are making me hate the phone. Really sad to have the problems.

I'm curious, what did you say to the rep when you called V to complain?

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
the way things are going i dont think you'll ever get a phone that works as it should..they keep cranking out new phones and never really fix what they already have made..instead they spend all their time working on a new new phone.they should scale back the the creation of new phones and work on making what is out there work the way it should plus some time on battery technology

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you are so unhappy. Those issues are frustrating. It is not a perfect phone, in fact I have never had one that was. Every phone has shortcomings it just depends what you are will to deal with. Luckily I have minimal issues, ones that I could find answers to in forums. The only issue I still deal with is the lousy battery life but I am willing to carry a backup battery. That is incovenient but it solves the problem. I happen to love the phone enough to put up with the issues it has presented. Although a phone should provide what it advertised (skype) that was not important for me. As for VZW, there is only one store that has a tech department that is competent. I will not use phone support - that is a hit or miss. Maybe try another store for tech help? The rebooting and GPS issues were something I dealt with in the past but I thought were resolved. I hope the early upgrade will be something that works for you and you get a phone that meets your needs.

hotelmrrsn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

THanks for listening
IM DONE NOW.

Not to be rude, but did you visit this forum BEFORE you chose the phone? If so, you knew what you were getting into and shouldn't be complaining, if not...shame on you for not doing your due diligence when forking over the money we spend on theses devices. All of the issues you described will go away with root, if you don't want to do that package it up and sell it on Ebay. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I learned my lesson with the BB Storm. Never again will I buy a phone before the brave people on forums like this test it out. But in the same breath, one should be able to get adequate tech support from the carrier.

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You're joking right,,,, You think in any realm of buisiness ethics and doing the right thing as a person or in business that I should have to use work arounds and jump through hoops to get my phone to just do what it was intended to in the first place??? I'm not talking about modifying it to get more performance out of an already good product. Your talking about rooting and stuff(something I dont do or play with) just to get the phone to do what I paid good money to have it do and was advertised to do in the beginning. I'm sure your joking.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What kills me is all the phones they allow to be returned. Driving up cost one would think. I wish they would just tell then to chill and that software will fix any issues soon.

Like op here. A new phone won't fix anything. it isn't hardware most of the time. Go get an adult speak and spell.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You're joking right,,,, You think in any realm of buisiness ethics and doing the right thing as a person or in business that I should have to use work arounds and jump through hoops to get my phone to just do what it was intended to in the first place??? I'm not talking about modifying it to get more performance out of an already good product. Your talking about rooting and stuff(something I dont do or play with) just to get the phone to do what I paid good money to have it do and was advertised to do in the beginning. I'm sure your joking.

No. I think you should complain to Verizon and get an iPhone. Anything you complain about falls on deaf ears here IMO.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

THanks for listening
IM DONE NOW.

Welcome to Verizon's first 4G phone.

Rick Beebout

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Not to be rude, but did you visit this forum BEFORE you chose the phone? If so, you knew what you were getting into and shouldn't be complaining, if not...shame on you for not doing your due diligence when forking over the money we spend on theses devices. All of the issues you described will go away with root, if you don't want to do that package it up and sell it on Ebay. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Actually no, I didnt know it existed but that makes no difference a company should sell and or manufacture and stand behind products that perform as advertised. The issues I have had with 3 of these phones now are all similar and show that Verizon and HTC care more about trapping cusomers into contracts and phones that dont work correctly than making sure customers are happy with phones that work the way they were intended. As a consumer I should not have to jump through hoops to get a product that works and as a consumer I expert a company I spend hundereds and thousands of dollars with over time to assure me that my investment in their product is a smart choice by backing up what they sell and making sure the stuff works before they throw it out on the market.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What kills me is all the phones they allow to be returned. Driving up cost one would think. I wish they would just tell then to chill and that software will fix any issues soon.

Like op here. A new phone won't fix anything. it isn't hardware most of the time. Go get an adult speak and spell.

What is your definition of "soon?" The phone has been out for over 6 months and they are still trying to "fix" it?!

hotelmrrsn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Nope, not joking at all. If you believe everything you read in a marketing campaign then that's on you. What do expect them to say: "it works most of the time but might reboot, have GPS issues and under perform...individual results may vary." Come on man, do your own research don't expect Verizon, sprint, t mobile, att, HTC, motorola etc to tell you the whole story. User reviews should always be your guide. Right, wrong or indifferent you have yourself to blame for your lack of research prior to purchase. Good luck with your lawsuit.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What is your definition of "soon?" The phone has been out for over 6 months and they are still trying to "fix" it?!

I didn't say anything about soon

Edit. LOL I did sorry. Didn't mean soon.

My point stands. Take it back and get something else.

Again. Mine rocks the shizzle.