Verizon is reporting that the Gingerbread Update is Coming Soon!!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon is reporting that the Gingerbread Update is Coming So

huh, my indicator doesnt work at all, with or with our reboots...

really? that was the only way I found out about a VM I had, I was rebooting to flash the latest radio. the damn indicator wouldn't go away until I rebooted again.

RescueEMT911

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Goodmorning All.. Just wanted to let everyone know that at 9:45 am Verizons website is reporting that Gingerbread is Coming Soon.. and has the .pdf of all the software upgrade benefits up!!!

I cannot post links.. but if you check the Verizon Wireless website for Thunderbolt upgrades the Gingerbread is now up!!!

Finally...lol

RescueEMT911

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

[INFO]Software Update: HTC Thunderbolt? - COMING SOON![/INFO]
thunderbolt-gingerbolt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Como4076

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I have been trying to do a new software check all morning and I get the same unavailable message that I and a lot of others were getting when the last update was starting to roll out. Could be and probably is a coincidence, but I'm taking it as sign that it is on the way.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

What is this "Dock Icons" thing? That sounds a lot like a new version of Sense.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

people were reporting that with the leaked RUU the VM notifications still wasn't working... do you guys think this is still the case?

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Weird JCast said that there was a new version coming soon(doesn't know when yet), this is the version from late last week that the voice mail indicator still doesn't work on....

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Looks like Verizon gave up on fixing voicemail notifications or the ffc in favor of getting gingerbread out in September.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if the VM indicator has been intentionally left broken to keep folks from flashing anything but the official build. They can then slip the fix in right before they make that build available OTA.

If I wanted to dissuade people from downloading leaked builds, that's what I'd do.

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't see anything about gtalk w/ video, so I'm guessing the front facing camera is still going to be useless (skype maybe). Luckily I'm on CM7.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

I've seen a lot of talk about this VM indicator issue, but what exactly is the prob? Is it just for the stock VM app? I use Google Voice for my voicemail.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

its the stock VM indicator doesnt work right indicating you have a VM, or I have heard/read people say that it wont go away if it comes up..

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

its the stock VM indicator doesnt work right indicating you have a VM, or I have heard/read people say that it wont go away if it comes up..

yup, both of these. the VM indicator doesn't let you know you have a VM until you reboot. and after you reboot, and then listen to your VM, it doesn't go away until you reboot again. so after any missed call I'll call my VM to see if a message was left.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

If the other unofficial builds had broken VM, it is a very easy and quick fix to update before they release the official build. If you want a good Visual Voicemail use Google Voice, the best way to go and it is free.

PS So many other ways to use this great app. Anything built by Google is at least worth checking out.
Vinny

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Goodmorning All.. Just wanted to let everyone know that at 9:45 am Verizons website is reporting that Gingerbread is Coming Soon.. and has the .pdf of all the software upgrade benefits up!!!

I cannot post links.. but if you check the Verizon Wireless website for Thunderbolt upgrades the Gingerbread is now up!!!

Finally...lol

RescueEMT911

Not to rain on anyones parade but have we all forgotten about what "coming soon" means to VZW. Prior to the release of the TB wasn't that page up for 6 weeks or so?

Don't get me wrong. I would really like to see it right now to fix my camera, proximity sensor, and ring tone bugs.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the Google Voice option is quite simple.

That being said, lets turn our attentions to the new UI and dock bullet points, lol. What does all that mean? New icons, widgets... blah blah blah. Sounds like new version of Sense, no?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Weird JCast said that there was a new version coming soon(doesn't know when yet), this is the version from late last week that the voice mail indicator still doesn't work on....

I wonder if it's an issue with VZW VM servers more than RUU. Something similar to Market checking for official approved software list before allowing D/L of DRM'd apps like MLB at Bat. I would like to think the test builds would be enabled on VZW servers.... though it wouldn't be the first time "We didn't test that feature" mentality has happened.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if it's an issue with VZW VM servers more than RUU. Something similar to Market checking for official approved software list before allowing D/L of DRM'd apps like MLB at Bat. I would like to think the test builds would be enabled on VZW servers.... though it wouldn't be the first time "We didn't test that feature" mentality has happened.

thats possible I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood