notifications in notification bar after gingerbread update

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Since updating to Gingerbread last night, the notifications in the bar at the top of the screen don't stay. They will display for a second then disappear. Is there a way to make them stay until I acknowledge the notification like in Froyo?

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. The status bar is not showing notifications properly. I have a battery juice indicator that I had pinned on the status bar when I was on Froyo and it worked like a charm. Now with Gingerbread this has turned out not to be so easy.

It's strange, in landscape mode I can see the battery indicator and other notifications in the status bar like I should. As soon as I flip the phone into portrait mode all my notification icons disappear, weird.

This really is annoying because I rely on that battery indicator big time.

Been searching and searching for an answer but no luck. Might actually have to call tech support on this one.

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Now in portrait I can see two but if there are more, I don't even get the little arrow indicating that I have more notifications.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
:confused: When I got the GB upgrade, I tried HTC Sense 2.1 out a bit and I was never able to get the home screen to rotate. So I went back to Go Launcher because it does rotate (and gives me lots more options).

Was there an option somewhere I missed? Because I just went back to HTC Sense briefly and once again the screen will not rotate (but notifications seem to be working fine, just as they do in Go Launcher)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
:confused: When I got the GB upgrade, I tried HTC Sense 2.1 out a bit and I was never able to get the home screen to rotate. So I went back to Go Launcher because it does rotate (and gives me lots more options).

Was there an option somewhere I missed? Because I just went back to HTC Sense briefly and once again the screen will not rotate (but notifications seem to be working fine, just as they do in Go Launcher)

Sense originally doesn't allow a landscape view of the Sense UI home screen but there is a few roms that adds this option to the sense UI but I haven't use any of them myself.

W_T_F_13

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to tier 2 Verizon rep about this issue she said she was forwarding the issue to the voice mail provider. Then I told her I have had this issue since I got the gingerbread update. She said Verizon had not released 2.3.4 I thought WTF they haven't got a clue. Good luck with tech support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC