Thunderbolt wont pull update

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with both of the previous updates. try putting the phone in 3g or 1X mode only and then try pulling the update. the download time will be much longer, especially in 1x mode, but it might just work.

if you don't know how to change to 1x mode or 3g use the app "LTE on Off - HTC Thunderbolt"

-Tm

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to pull it but nothing. I've even restarted the phone multiple times but still nothing.

I had my initial download fail, and kept getting the "no updates" message. I finally pulled the battery for about 2-3 minutes, booted it up, and started doing the "check new" thing every 15 minutes or so. Sure enough, an hour or so later, I got the "update available" box and it installed.

I don't know if the battery pull made the slightest bit of difference, but it can't hurt.

Porac

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine won't update either.

I've pulled the battery for a while and switched the phone to 3g and still nothing. After having waited this long the last thing I wanna do is wait even longer. My phone is not rooted and never has been.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Moritel (a Verizon support rep) posted on another thread (I believe it was the "GP update pulled" rumor thread) that Verizon might be doing the updates in "waves". So the upgrade may not be offering itself for a few days so Verizon can assess any potential damage caused by the upgrade.

So enjoy your Voicemail notifications while you can, and you can still enjoy the fantasy that this upgrade will bring you something important. While there are a lot of nice small enhancements to be had on the Gingerbread Side, there's nothing earth-shattering.

If the upgrade is horribly important to you, there's always the RUU. You'll lose all your data, but your contacts and calendar and email should all be backed up on Google if you set everything up correctly, and the Market will reinstall most or all of your apps for you.

Or you can wait for round 2 of the upgrades (assuming they even held it back, which is not known at this time) and you might even get working voicemail notifications and Google Voice Video with the FFC.

(The last bit was so horribly optimistic as to be construed as a poor joke, and I'm sorry :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL