2.3 Upgrade Problems

chaddley

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's about time 2.3 was released for the HTC Thunderbolt, since almost all the other HTC phones got it first, but it seems to have an obvious problem the second the lock screen comes on: it's not adjusted right. With the pattern lock (this may also affect other types of locks), the Emergency Call button is almost cut out completely. Is that just me or is that an HTC mistake?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's about time 2.3 was released for the HTC Thunderbolt, since almost all the other HTC phones got it first, but it seems to have an obvious problem the second the lock screen comes on: it's not adjusted right. With the pattern lock (this may also affect other types of locks), the Emergency Call button is almost cut out completely. Is that just me or is that an HTC mistake?
We're supposed to have an Emergency Call button?

-Frank

CJL1092

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
the emergency call button looks fine on my lock screen. however i am having one major problem; my phone wont vibrate. it wont allow me to set it to vibrate. is there a new way to do this? i used to just use the volume rocker and put it to vibrate but now i cannot. i have gone through all the settings and nothing. i am kind of confused and pissed off. i utilize the vibrate function heavily and not having it is a huge drawback for me. can someone please help me?

Tinostre

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues watching youtube clips in high quality. Also I cant access the front cam in google talk. Besides that, I'm not having the issues that you are reporting.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
the emergency call button looks fine on my lock screen. however i am having one major problem; my phone wont vibrate. it wont allow me to set it to vibrate. is there a new way to do this? i used to just use the volume rocker and put it to vibrate but now i cannot. i have gone through all the settings and nothing. i am kind of confused and pissed off. i utilize the vibrate function heavily and not having it is a huge drawback for me. can someone please help me?
Mine still allows me to do that. Do you have any sound/dialer/calling apps loaded?

-Frank

hamillp

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
No YouTube videos for me either. Also lost voicemail notifications. Spoke with Tier 2 support yesterday and he was going to put a ticket in. He said they should be able to figure out the voicemail within 48 hours. I just noticed the issue with YouTube after reading that someone had that problem.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No YouTube videos for me either. Also lost voicemail notifications. Spoke with Tier 2 support yesterday and he was going to put a ticket in. He said they should be able to figure out the voicemail within 48 hours. I just noticed the issue with YouTube after reading that someone had that problem.

Voicemail bug has been a known issue for a while with the previous 3 leaks. They never fixed it in the past couple of month... highly doubt it will be fixed with a new update in 48 hours. Erishasnobattery figured out the bug and has a fix for both ROM developers and rooted users.

hamillp

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree it wont be fixed in 48 hours. I thought it was strange he bothered to give me a timeline much less a rather aggressive one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech