Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dragonsamus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I "check new" in settings shows 1.70.605?!

Im having an issue and havent came across it on here or google so I dont know if its a rare bug, but I go to check for new update and it pops up that the newest version is 1.70.605 rather than the GB version that is 2.11.605 that is avaiable OTA.

I have done the 1x trick and just 3G and 4G and come back the same. Do I need to have the OTA that was available before GB to upgrade to new OS? In other words am I not allowed to skip updates?

Any help or link to answer my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: I "check new" in settings shows 1.70.605?!

What software version are you on?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

im rooted and running the stock rom and version 1.12.605.6

Do not install the OTA update if you are rooted. If you want the new gingerbread update you have to download the rom and install it manually. The same goes for the radio.
    nate44 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Will it completely wipe my phone though? If yes, how can i back it up and just restore it after? im kinda new at this. ive only managed to root the phone but never loaded any custom roms or anything.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Senor_Dizzle View Post
    Will it completely wipe my phone though? If yes, how can i back it up and just restore it after? im kinda new at this. ive only managed to root the phone but never loaded any custom roms or anything.
    to minimize data loss... I use my root backup to backup my apps and apps data. I also download sms backup and restore to save my text messages. This just leaves e-mail to restore when sign back in (automatic) call logs are lost, but thats about it. You will need to rearrange your widgets as well.

The ROMS you flash through a custom recovery (CWM/TeamWIN/ArmonRA) and then you flash the radio using the bootloaded (placing the file on the sdcard so it is not in any folder also known as the root of the sd card. Boot into bootloader by powering off, power on while holding down volume down and selecting bootloader rom the menu)
    Roms can be named whatever, but radios have to have the nomenclature of PG50IMG.zip

If you head on over to the root section the threads there can explain the process way better than I can. Usually, you will have to wipe data for a clean install. There are apps like titanium back up to help back up your apps for a smooth transition. Good luck. Just take the time to read. If you are rooted then you can install roms and radios. :-)

ROM
    Synergy

When did you root?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks! Do you know where i can download the correct ROM that is the GB OTA. Or if you actually sugest a custom rom that runs GB would be great. I know there are alot out there but i want gb but still want SENSE too.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    When did you root?
    i rooted way back when they had posted a walkthru on here. it was through adb.

ROM
    Synergy

Thanks! Do you know where i can download the correct ROM that is the GB OTA. Or if you actually sugest a custom rom that runs GB would be great. I know there are alot out there but i want gb but still want SENSE too.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...r-1-0-6-a.html (awesome)

Or

[GB][2.11.605.3]Debloat, Stock, Rooted (boring)

You will need to flash the radios as well: MR3 GB radio from 2.11.605.3, 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2 Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! MD5: CB2ABFCBF83F1680AFB7178558AFB6D0

Follow Cyber Warrior's sticky guide up in the rooting forums to see how it's all done

ROM
    Synergy

i rooted way back when they had posted a walkthru on here. it was through adb.
    Wait. You've been on 1.12 this whole time? Why?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...r-1-0-6-a.html (awesome)

Or

[GB][2.11.605.3]Debloat, Stock, Rooted (boring)

You will need to flash the radios as well: MR3 GB radio from 2.11.605.3, 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2 Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! MD5: CB2ABFCBF83F1680AFB7178558AFB6D0

Follow Cyber Warrior's sticky guide up in the rooting forums to see how it's all done
    Wow. That helps a lot! Do I load the Rom first then radio or does it not matter what order?

ROM
    Synergy

Wow. That helps a lot! Do I load the Rom first then radio or does it not matter what order?
    Doesn't matter. Check out these guides in addition to Cyber Warrior's, and you should be more than well on your way:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...-new-roms.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...y-install.html

Check my signature for a how-to on backing up and restoring apps/data during a ROM install.

Check the stickies in the Rooting subforum for how-to's on actuallly installing ROMs if you need it.

If you want to run the stock GB update, download and install this:
    [GB][2.11.605.3]Debloat, Stock, Rooted

If you want to run a much better GB ROM based off of this OS version, download and install this:
    [GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.6

Unfortunately, if you're still running 1.12.605.6, you will also need to update your radio as well (I suggest doing this after you've backed all of your stuff up, but before you install the new ROM).
    Radios!!
    Any radio greater than MR2 will work, the last one listed is the latest radio included with the GB OTA (so that's probably the one you want).

EDIT: Sorry Nate, I completely missed the second page of this thread, and realized you pretty much already posted all the same info I have here. Cheers.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Just flashed das bamf 1.0.7 and restoring my stuff back. Thank you guys for the help and links. I appreciate your patience with me since you probably get a lot of noobs like me all the time!