Losing data and text service everyday.

sr2381

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Everyday for the past week, I lose data service including text. I have to do a restart then its fine for 18-24 hrs. Any thoughts?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You may have heard this before but.....

Turn off phone

Take out battery

Pull out sim card tray

Have a beer

Reassemble

Turn on phone

Hope for the best

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll try that tonight.

latest radios are to blame, at least for my problems (not receiving texts & intermittent data). if you upgraded your radios to the .3 (zip or separately), then revert the CDMA radio. there's a thread on XDA about this problem.

solution=downgrade your CDMA radio to a previous version.
i kept the .3 LTE but went back to the 2.10.605.1 CDMA radio version

since then, i've gotten every text people have sent me.
before that, i received 1 for the entire 3 days i was on the .3 radios.

try it out

sr2381

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK nubie here, radio must stand for something else because I don't see radio version anywhere in the software settings. I have heard of radios just never did any research into them.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty confused. Texts do not use data (3G or 4G). So how could that be related to loss of data signal? If you're missig texts, I'd suspect lack of any native VZW signal at all (or extremely week). Much bigger issue than loss of just data.

-Frank

sr2381

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it. Phone works. Texts don't and emails don't come through and can't get on internet. Still have the little 3g icon but the up and down arrows are not flashing.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the data issue until I installed the gb update now I have no issues. You should restart your phone once a day anyways