TB: Poor battery life post-GB (Dialer?)

jbjonesjr

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
In "limited" testing, I've found my battery life was much better yesterday (first full day on GB) than it had been in the past. I don't use my phone AT ALL during the day (sits in my car, just receives calls/voice mails/texts/whatever), so I am used to getting about 1.5 hours of active use + 9 hours of idle on a charge. Yesterday easily provided the same 9 hours of idle but closer to 3 hours of active use. (For the record, I only use 3G, and my phone has good signal while it sits in the car).

Clearly, YMMV, and everyone has different apps and whatever, but at least for me, it was great that I didn't have to put the phone on the charger until I went to bed.

I wish there was a better battery analyzer that could really pinpoint what was eating my charge.

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem with the dialer only way to stop it is a reboot .. if i make zero phone calls the dialer never shows up under battery usage but 1 check of voice mail with set that thing off check battery usage 4-5 hours after making that 30 second voice mail call and dialer will be at 20-30% of bat. usage

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
In "limited" testing, I've found my battery life was much better yesterday (first full day on GB) than it had been in the past. I don't use my phone AT ALL during the day (sits in my car, just receives calls/voice mails/texts/whatever), so I am used to getting about 1.5 hours of active use + 9 hours of idle on a charge. Yesterday easily provided the same 9 hours of idle but closer to 3 hours of active use. (For the record, I only use 3G, and my phone has good signal while it sits in the car).

Clearly, YMMV, and everyone has different apps and whatever, but at least for me, it was great that I didn't have to put the phone on the charger until I went to bed.

I wish there was a better battery analyzer that could really pinpoint what was eating my charge.

I don't know the state you live in but the weather elements are not good for the phone. I don't suggest keeping it in the car. This is a mini computer. Heat and humidity are not good for phones. Just a friendly suggestion. Also it isn't good for the battery.

sent from my Thunderbolt....and the thunder rolls !

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if people who have experienced better battery life accordingly have not used the phone/dialer aspect since a reboot.

I know that yesterday my battery was about 30% when it should be 50% after about 16 hours, and that the Dialer was reported to take up nearly 40% of my battery time.

I have reinstalled PowerTutor and will see whether it will provide useful data.

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i do get better battery life than before i can go almost 3 days on extended if i dont dial a thing.. but after making one call it with screw that up..got to be a way to stop the dialer without having to reboot......when the dialer is up under batt. usage and u click on it 5 other things show up i wonder if those are just apps that can access the dialer or ones that are actually running at the moment

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has decreased as well. I have the 2750 ext battery and assisted dialing off but of course like others dialer stays there and running. Hell this morning when I woke up it had used more battery than anything else on the phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463