Gallery Viewing

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, it may be out there some where. Is there a way to view photoes and videos from newer to older instead of scrolling through hundreds of photos to see the new ones?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, it may be out there some where. Is there a way to view photoes and videos from newer to older instead of scrolling through hundreds of photos to see the new ones?

one such way is to open gallery, tap the Down arrow in the bar that says "Albums" running along the top, choose another Photo Source (like Picasa--which should be syncing with your photos) and it will sort them Newest to Oldest

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
one such way is to open gallery, tap the Down arrow in the bar that says "Albums" running along the top, choose another Photo Source (like Picasa--which should be syncing with your photos) and it will sort them Newest to Oldest

I'm assuming since your profile says you are running BAMF Forever, that these are instructions for that? There's no down arrow in the "album" bar at the top in stock Thunderbolt, even Gingerbread. At least none that I see.

There's a bar at the bottom that allows me to look at Gallery, Facebook, Flickr, and "Connected Media", but frustratingly that does not include a Picasa option.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i am indeed. apologies that option isn't applicable, then.

if you download "Gallery 3d" from the Market, it allows you to link to your Picasa albums. it's a knock-off of the Nexus S gallery. pretty good looking.

also, in your accounts & sync, do you have a "picasa" sync option within your primary gmail account?

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So the answer is no? There is nno stock setting for viewing? Very annoying Don't wanna delete pictures because i am sick of scrolling through them.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i am indeed. apologies that option isn't applicable, then.
if you download "Gallery 3d" from the Market, it allows you to link to your Picasa albums. it's a knock-off of the Nexus S gallery. pretty good looking.

Thanks.

also, in your accounts & sync, do you have a "picasa" sync option within your primary gmail account?

Nope, and no option for adding a separate Picasa account either (though there is for Flickr...).

There's a certain amount of irony in the fact that my Google-driven phone integrates better with Yahoo! than Google... :confused:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So the answer is no? There is nno stock setting for viewing? Very annoying Don't wanna delete pictures because i am sick of scrolling through them.

Here's the odd part. I only have about 20 shots in my gallery so this may be why, but when I go into the stock gallery in Gingerbread and select "Camera Shots" it shows the most recent photos at the bottom, but scrolls me down to the bottom so I start there.

"All Photos", however, shows the most recent photos at the bottom but starts me at the top.

So (assuming you don't want to solve it with a third-party photo gallery), you might want to go in via "Camera Shots" and see if that is good enough for now.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't take a ton of pictures, but what I have done is create separate directories for each SET of pictures (i.e. Kids, guitars, cars, friends, [a person's name], vacation, etc). Then I drag them into those folders, makes it so much easier to organize.

Also, the default directory is "DCIM", but I created a directory called "PICTURES" and then in there I make my sub-directories. If someone sends you a picture (MMS) and you save it, it will more than likely be located in that apps default directory. I know HANDCENT puts pictures and audio in the HANDCENT directory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084