Stock Email Notifications not working after GB

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
After I updated to GB I changed the update schedule on one of my email accounts and now none of them are updating. I have it set to check hourly between certain hours. As I recall it worked after the upgrade but stopped after I changed my settings. Anyone?
Thanks!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
After I updated to GB I changed the update schedule on one of my email accounts and now none of them are updating. I have it set to check hourly between certain hours. As I recall it worked after the upgrade but stopped after I changed my settings. Anyone?
Thanks!

Make sure you've turned on background data and autosync. Menu-Settings-Accounts and Sync.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
since losing the notification, ive discovered some great app replacement for emails. Never going back to stock. :p

rls1400

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
One of my accounts no longer syncs automatically. Checked all settings, everything is correct, and it is set up to sync.

UGH!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Email client doesn't check emails except manually, for me.

I noticed I often have to manually sync gmail. It will say 1 email is in inbox but it never appears. I hit sync in the app and there it is.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried changing the times, turning on and off autosync, etc. It is syncing every now and then like 430am? No idea how else to fx except to delete and read the account. I dont want to do that if possible. Any other ideas?

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The latest Gmail update changed a few sync settings, you need to change them back if you want your inbox to sync like priority inbox does.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
May thank. I have turned off the autosync for gmail but that did not help. Is this what you meant? The sync is working once a day and is moving. It started at 330am EDT, then next day was like 4AM, each day it seems to be advancing by 1/2 hour. Very weird. Otherwise it is not syncing when I restart the phone either.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I resolved it. I just deleted each account and re-added it and it seems that this has worked. I still have google sync off and did not do it to the google account since I dont use it. Time will tell if it starts up right tomorrow morning.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, so much for so much. First I did not uninstall the primary gmail addr. I had several other yahoo and other ID's im referring to. After re-adding them they worked until the auto time ended. They once again checked for emails at a strange time like 5am ( keeps advancing every night by 1/2 hour). Today it did not start up on its own and even when I pulled up the email using the stock email I had to hit refresh. Before the update it checked all the emails when I pulled up one, Now I have to do each individually. Ugh! got this phone the first day and its been nothing but grief all the way through. Would have been nice to have the opportunity to enjoy it.:(

Nascrnanna88

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a call from a Verizon tech explaining to me to issue at hand and he offered Visual Voice Mail free for 3 months. With that he said the fix would be out an said I could either cancel or start paying for it. I hate to bother y'all but I have a bad problem that needs resolution soon , I keep accidentally hanging up on every body CAN ANYONE HELP PLZ THKS

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, so much for so much. First I did not uninstall the primary gmail addr. I had several other yahoo and other ID's im referring to. After re-adding them they worked until the auto time ended. They once again checked for emails at a strange time like 5am ( keeps advancing every night by 1/2 hour). Today it did not start up on its own and even when I pulled up the email using the stock email I had to hit refresh. Before the update it checked all the emails when I pulled up one, Now I have to do each individually. Ugh! got this phone the first day and its been nothing but grief all the way through. Would have been nice to have the opportunity to enjoy it.:(

The only thing I can think of is the dreaded system restore. Maybe a different email app?

Reactions: TBoltJ

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Update - First many thanks to Defcon999 for the excellent suggestion to use MyBackupPro INSTEAD of Backup Assistant. It made it a lot easier. Stupid me to expect Verizon bload to work correctly. I did the dreaded factory reset and then re-set up the email and it all worked good. The trick has been going from peak to non-peak and then back to peak. I have non-peak as manual and before it was not starting up again when it hit peak. This morning it started up and worked correctly as best as I can tell. I set up 3 yahoo, an aol, and a gmail account and sent emails at different times to myself to test the pick up. Two of the accounts lagged a while but eventually picked up the emails. So far so good. And one other thing. I chose not to load any task killers and Im trying not to do any myself and leave it to Gingerbread to figure out. I know scary isnt it?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, what a stupid piece of buggy crap this phone is. The emails worked the first day after the factory reset when I set them up. Most of them woke up after the off-peak period and updated the next day. By the end of that day however only one email was still syncing hourly as set up. Today none of the emails went back to syncing even though the settings showed it was set to update hourly. I was able to manually sync them but they did not go back to hourly even after that. So much for the miracle of factory reset. Did I mention buggy piece of crap yet? :(

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, what a stupid piece of buggy crap this phone is. The emails worked the first day after the factory reset when I set them up. Most of them woke up after the off-peak period and updated the next day. By the end of that day however only one email was still syncing hourly as set up. Today none of the emails went back to syncing even though the settings showed it was set to update hourly. I was able to manually sync them but they did not go back to hourly even after that. So much for the miracle of factory reset. Did I mention buggy piece of crap yet? :(

I've never tried to micromanage my email deliveries based on peak/non-peak. Mine have always worked flawlessly. Why not just forget all that peak/non-peak stuff and set them both the same? Just a thought.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've never tried to micromanage my email deliveries based on peak/non-peak. Mine have always worked flawlessly. Why not just forget all that peak/non-peak stuff and set them both the same? Just a thought.

As for unneeded, unnecessary and ineffective factory resets... NO KIDDING!

-Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34