Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjboucher
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Roll back OS

Did the update, and followed all of the OH SO HELP FULL tech support ideas and still no luck. I installed the update, and my 1 month old TB is almost non-functional. With my wi-fi turned on I'm logged out of network(cell service), and now in addition to not getting VM notifications, now I'm not getting any notifications at all..

Is there a way to roll back my OS this new version is trouble.

Thanks

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Roll back OS

Quote Originally Posted by dnrperez View Post
    Did the update, and followed all of the OH SO HELP FULL tech support ideas and still no luck. I installed the update, and my 1 month old TB is almost non-functional. With my wi-fi turned on I'm logged out of network(cell service), and now in addition to not getting VM notifications, now I'm not getting any notifications at all..

Thanks
    Call CS and get them to send you a replacement phone. No notifications plus no cell signal at all, after following tech supports advice, is reason enough for a warranty replacement.

I'm assuming you dind't get your ThunderBolt from eBay or something.

Oh, you could try root with a new/different RUU.

-Frank

Thanks
    Its not the new version, you got a bad install or something. Most aren't having any trouble other than VM notifications. And like Frank said, only way to go back is root or hope Verizon will give you a new phone.
    FrankXS likes this.

Thanks
    There is an easy way to be able to roll back and still run everything stock. There is a tool called Revolutionary (Revolutionary.io) that will permanently place your bootloader in s-off state. This allows you to flash ANY RUU be it higher OR lower in build number.

I used this on my Thunderbolt with no issues. The Revolutionary tool will also step you through complete root process, but I decided to stop after step 1 (permanent s-off) so I could try leaked software and revert to stock if I chose.