HTC Sense Skins

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
After downloading Gingerbread, the Skins for HTC Sense disappeared (the ones I downloaded from XDA's website). They were still on Astro so I reinstalled it, but it didn't appear, so I downloaded the 2.1 HD Skins, and those didn't work. How can I get my skins to work ? :mad:

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
how do you delete the skins after you install them?

I assume you need a file manager to delete them? I remember someone asking this before but I don't recall the answer. Haven't used a custom skin since I was on froyo. Perhaps there is someone with more experience in this matter?

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I use astro for my file manager. All you need to do is click on the installed file in astro and click uninstall.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I only see delete no uninstall and if I delete it still shows up.

It's really not the end of the world I just wont use that skin, I was just trying to get some insight.

Thanks for all that answered.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Click on the actual application like you were going to install it. Don't long press it. A screen will open up asking if you want to uninstall.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the uninstall issue as well. I figured it out so here you go.

Im assuming astro is what u are using as a file manager

First off dont "delete " the APK file from your sd card!
if you did reconnect to your computer and re add the apk to your phone. (you dont need to re install the file it is still installed you just deleted the APK file image from your phone.)

open astro/file manager , go to the apk skin file you want to delete. ( for example I put my Skins in the SD card Download folder [ /mnt/sdcard/download ] )

Just like when you installed it click the file (as mcaspe1 said dont long press just press and release)
you should see Application File and two buttons : Browse file and Open app manager

click Open app manager

then you should see an uninstall button. click it and it will ask for a confirmation that you want to remove the skin. hit yes and it will remove it.

if the apk image is still in the folder just delete it.

hope this helps

PS these skins are sick! I have almost all of them on my phone now.
Skins by gadget! -- for 2.1 ROMs Updated 9/06

PPS Im not rooted and running the stock ota GB and sense 2.1

Reactions: Randomhero180

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the files on my phone browser and they came up as zip files. I unzipped and renamed them how do i install cause Im not seeing them in the skins menu

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the files on my phone browser and they came up as zip files. I unzipped and renamed them how do i install cause Im not seeing them in the skins menu

Thats exactly what you DONT want to do! the instructions on XDA for the skins says dont dl them from your phone and DEF dont install them if its a zip file. If it installed then there might be some problems... if u just extracted the files to your SD card then you should be able to delete the files once you find them.

Next time plug in your phone to your PC

set your phone to Disc drive and charge

download the file on ur pc browser
movie the file to your phones sd card (some place easy to remeber, you can create a skinsDL folder)

************make sure the file downloaded as an .apk**********

Use a file manager find the file on your sd card
click it, click app manager
install
done

*dont delete the Apk file image from your sd card you need it to uninstall the skin if you ever want to remove it.\

I have to head to work, google is your friend!

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thats exactly what you DONT want to do! the instructions on XDA for the skins says dont dl them from your phone and DEF dont install them if its a zip file. If it installed then there might be some problems... if u just extracted the files to your SD card then you should be able to delete the files once you find them.

Next time plug in your phone to your PC

set your phone to Disc drive and charge

download the file on ur pc browser
movie the file to your phones sd card (some place easy to remeber, you can create a skinsDL folder)

************make sure the file downloaded as an .apk**********

Use a file manager find the file on your sd card
click it, click app manager
install
done

*dont delete the Apk file image from your sd card you need it to uninstall the skin if you ever want to remove it.\

I have to head to work, google is your friend!

Thanks. But I should have wrote back in. I deleted the zip files (must have been the wrong link) and installed astrofile. Like a few others on this thread I found the the right link to use, downloaded the bin filled, renamed them and istalled them with astrofile. Works like a charm. XDA and the BAMF skins are great...clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888