1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Market - not installed?

Market version 3.1.5. I think it's the newest. Everything is "working" fine. I update/install apps routinely.

However, at the bottom of the list of apps in the Market, I have two apps that say uninstalled. Both are VZW apps. Both are installed (came with the phone), and the only choice is to [open]. No install or update choice.

Google Search
    VZW Navigator

I use Google Search (including the default TBolt widget) but not VZW Navigator. Although, both are listed in my apps drawer.

I have cleared the Market cache, force closed and retried, same thing. I have not cleared the Market data. Did that once and it took me a while to recover my listings

What does this indicate?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Maybe an update is available. Click the notification an it should take u to the market and see if it offers u an update....should be in a light blue

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Default Re: Market - not installed?

It indicates that we both have the same issue. I'm sure we're not alone.

ROM
    Stock

On mine I still have Google Search installed, but I see VZW Navigator is now "VZ Navigator for Thunderbolt."

Is it possible that during the upgrade process that these two apps that are showing up as uninstalled somehow uninstalled properly when they were being replaced?

I have no actual advice or knowledge on this. Just trying to get the gears working.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by defcon999 View Post
    Maybe an update is available. Click the notification
    There is no notification.

-Frank
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Cool Re: Market - not installed?

Have same scenario. Noticed it this morning. I use google search and it works, when I hit open in market it opened with my last search item listed below search box. Do not use VZW Nav.
    VZW HTC Thunderbolt
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaystar131 View Post
    I see VZW Navigator is now "VZ Navigator for Thunderbolt."
    Good point. Beats me.

-Frank

I've been having the same problem. Sorry Frank, I
    had to clear data on the market and relaunch for things to return to "normal". Damn, I wish Google would fix this!
    Thanked by:

I've had this happen. Try going into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Market. Clear your cache and also your data, force stop the Market, then get to your home screen or apps list and run the Market again. Agree to the terms, and you should be back in business with a correct apps list.
    Thanked by 3:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Thanks all.

Clearing data worked. And this time it recovered from that nicely, unlike last time under Froyo and an older version of the Market.

-Frank

Thanks; I've been having trouble with the market latching on to an alternate google account (for which I have never purchased any apps). I followed the tip from ALCingularUser and am really hoping I won't be plagued anymore with having to change account.s

Argh! 2 minutes later - just opened Market & the account is my other google account, not my main one. I can't figure out what is the matter with this idiocy.

Since the GB update, I've also noticed some strange behavior by the Market (version 3.1.5). Besides listing bloatware apps at the bottom, a couple days ago, it decided to automatically update four of those apps (TuneWiki, Google Books, My Verizon, and Google Search) without any intervention on my part, despite the fact I had already turned off "Allow automatic updating" on everything!

I just went in and cleared the cache and data and now only TuneWiki shows at the bottom under "Not installed", but there are four (Blockbuster 2.4 for HTC, Rhapsody, V Cast Music, Verizon Video) now showing at the top under "Manual Updates", all of which I've NEVER downloaded or used before. The kicker, while I'm typing this, it decides again to auto update TuneWiki and Google Books without prompting me! Strange...

It updated the same apps on me without permission. I've never used any of them. The market itself also updated itself without my permission. I liked the old froyo market better. This business of secondary account opening for no reason is more than just a minor annoyance. I doubt HTC or vzw are even aware of it and I don't relish the idea of trying to explain it to a "technician" who simply assumes I don't know what I'm talking about. I've had enough of that.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Since the GB update, I've also noticed some strange behavior by the Market (version 3.1.5). Besides listing bloatware apps at the bottom, a couple days ago, it decided to automatically update four of those apps (TuneWiki, Google Books, My Verizon, and Google Search) without any intervention on my part, despite the fact I had already turned off "Allow automatic updating" on everything!
    Yes, all of those updated on mine too. Fine with me. But the two I mentioned in the first post in this thread wouldn't update, they just kept sitting at the bottom of the list without an update choice. But, as I mentioned, clearing the data fixed that issue.

Whenever I see a VZW app ready for update, or appear at the bottom with an update choice, I just go ahead and update it. Why pick a battle you can't win (without rooting). But when those two got "stuck", I wanted to do something about it.

-Frank

Tunewiki just updated again on mine. No idea why. No input from me. I don't even know what tunewiki is! I listen to sports on my tb - never music.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Tunewiki just updated again on mine. No idea why.
    I got two back-to-back Tunewiki updates too. I assumed it was an update to fix the update. It happens. Or, a hiccup in the Market. But it's easy enough to let it run through, no big deal.

-Frank

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    I got two back-to-back Tunewiki updates too. I assumed it was an update to fix the update. It happens. Or, a hiccup in the Market. But it's easy enough to let it run through, no big deal.

-Frank
    Well I'm pretty pissed about it. No excuse that tunewiki and verizon navigator, two crap apps that i have no use for automatically update themselves and take up memory. tune wiki nearly triples the amount of storage space w/its update and verizon navigator nearly doubles. this is the kind of crap that makes me sorely consider rooting my phone even more than the garbage already installed on the phone such as the blockbuster and cityid apps that I can't get rid of.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Well I'm pretty pissed about it. No excuse that tunewiki and verizon navigator, two crap apps that i have no use for automatically update themselves and take up memory. tune wiki nearly triples the amount of storage space w/its update and verizon navigator nearly doubles. this is the kind of crap that makes me sorely consider rooting my phone even more than the garbage already installed on the phone such as the blockbuster and cityid apps that I can't get rid of.
    U can at least get rid of the cityid launcher icon if you Want.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    I want Verizon and HTC to be blocked from putting crap apps on my phone which I cannot uninstall. They have my permission to put as much garbage as they think they can sell to me on the phone prior to purchase as long as I have the ability to remove it, it is after all supposed to be my phone.

I believe its an update. Mine show not installed. I never did tho. I use Google navigation. I am not paying for it! I like the Google navigation over Verizon's

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    I have never been directed to update them. No issue on that

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Good question. Mine does that too, but I've only noticed it on apps that I've purchased but are no longer installed on that device.