Skype Video Help Thunderbolt Post-GB needed...

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Have GB on my thunderbolt now, but having trouble with skype.

When I initiate a video call (or have someone else initiate it for that matter) the FFC seems to work immediately, cause I can see myself on the screen, but then as soon as the call connects, there is no video on either side.

Anyone know what the deal is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Bare with me I have a few questions. Skype or Skype for VZW? Have you rebooted phone since OTA? Have you uninstalled/re-installed Skype since OTA?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Bare with me I have a few questions. Skype or Skype for VZW? Have you rebooted phone since OTA? Have you uninstalled/re-installed Skype since OTA?

It just says Skype not Skype for android. I flashed the RUU from android police and yes I have restarted my phone since the update.

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Also when I do a test video call to that test echo thing it says "This contact cannot currently send video." and it just shows an empty box in the middle. I don't see myself, but I don't know if I'm supposed to or not.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Also when I do a test video call to that test echo thing it says "This contact cannot currently send video." and it just shows an empty box in the middle. I don't see myself, but I don't know if I'm supposed to or not.

Ok the test call has no video. So, yours wouldn't start either. Need to test by video calling some with a webcam. You shoul be fine. RUU does clean install. Skype install on Froyo May not detect GB OTA upgrade.

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok status update:

Thunderbolt to Macbook (Two different ones, two different locations) does NOT work.
Thunderbolt to Droid 2 does NOT work. (I realize Droid 2 doesnt have FFC, but it still should have worked with rear facing camera I thought.
Thunderbolt to PC DID work.

Extremely frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thanks

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the first question to ask is, do you have a strong 4G, WiFi, or 3G data connection?

You should also touch the screen during a call to bring up the controls to make sure that your video camera is turned on. I've noticed that sometimes it is switched off for some unknown reason.

Other than this occasional hiccup, I am able to have Skype video calls with PCs and my son's iPod Touch.

Thanks, Robrecht

rckclmber75

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Other than this occasional hiccup, I am able to have Skype video calls with PCs and my son's iPod Touch.
Thanks, Robrecht

Here's a Q for you. Do you experience video lag to the audio on your TB on wifi or 4G while using Skype? I presently have a borrowed iP4 and Facetime works extremely well, with no lag from iP4 to iP4. As stated, the iP4 is borrowed and I have been considering a used TB to replace it (unlimited data plan). I tried Skype via wifi from iP4 to iP4 and the video/audio delay is grossly irritating (especially when compared back to back with Facetime.)

I am NOT an iOS fan and desperately want to dump this phone for a decent android on 4G, but the TB is about the only one I can afford off contract ($150-170 ymmv). My girl lives too far away to see regularly, so Facetime has been a very welcome application. If Skype is as bad on 4G as it was on the wifi connection, she'd "kill"me for switching.

Side note, I have to check the upload speed of my internet connection at home. My office wifi gives 2.5-4Mb/s up and only about .7Mb/s down

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR