1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default voice mail

Over the past few days, since the gb update, my phone has not been showing my voice mail icon. I have to actually call my voice mail to see if I have messages. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, is there a fix?

Default Re: voice mail

Yes, its a known bug. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find many lengthy threads about it.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BFBrazier View Post
    Over the past few days, since the gb update, my phone has not been showing my voice mail icon. I have to actually call my voice mail to see if I have messages. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, is there a fix?
    Been discussed ad nauseum prior to the update with the leaks which ended up being the official update. You can install Youmail from the market for free and get visual voicemail, or you can call verizon and see if they will comp you a month of visual voicemail which works.

Yes, most people have been sucessful at getting visual voice mail for free until they fix it. Those notifications work.

By the way, you don't need to call to check, you can click on the Voice Mail app icon and it tells you if you have any voicemails from that screen. We just aren't getting the notifications in the notification bar.

I have tried the free youmail app. I found it very buggy. Didn't like it. I know Verizon's is 2.99 a month but it is much better than the free app.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1