Finally Did it!

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I finally Rooted my Thunderbolt! was Successful. I think What took me so long to do it, Were These Three Words (Void) (Warranty) (Brick) And I'm sure that is what scares A LOT! of people i know it scared me. But finally sucked it up and went through it like a Champ and now I'm excited to see what i can do with my phone. So Now that we got that out of the way What Should i do and not do? Which rom is the best? And yeah! please leave your comments to give me idea's folks please and thanks! :-$

EDit : http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...ow-root-unroot-thunderbolt-revolutionary.html Link to what i used to root ! Simple Can't get any easier

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Download titanium back up and back up all your info. Then go into clockwork and do a nandroid back up. Then download and flash roms. :)

By the way, congrats!

Alright Is the Free Version of Titanium Backup cool? And can you provide a Good rom i was thinking Bamf GB/Sense 3.1 or 3.0 not sure which one it is and Clockwork??

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes the free version will do more than you will probably need. If you like sense bamf and gingeritis are good. If you like asop can't go wrong with cm7 but it does have its faults compared to sense roms

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Check out Cyber Warrior's stickied post on flashing ROMs for a great step by step guide. It's in the Tbolt rooting subforum.

The free version of Titanium Backup is fine to start with. The paid version has some additional features that are useful if you become a frequent ROM flasher. Good luck and enjoy.

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So uhhh I put a new Rom on my Phone Bamf Sense 3.5 Son of a Bliss And OMG this is like a whole new phone ! Epic!!!! Looks great. Just need to get used to it. Like i said it's like a whole new phone haha.. Now time to figure out how to restore with Titanium backup :p

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm running das BAMF forever 1.0.7......love it. I tried gingeritis......didn't like it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
MMM Question for my rooted people IS it possible to Get Slower Data speeds with a different rom? I'm using Bamf Sense 3.5 Son of a bliss. I did a Speed test and i'm getting 2 down and 6 up on 4G. Tested My ladies Thunderbolt in the same spot And it got around 15 down and 10 up? Not sure what's going on here. Btw she has stock Htc sense 2.1 Gingerbread

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You might need to update your radio. There is a great guide in the rooting subforum here

Do some reading about your rom and see if they mention what radios work best with it.

I ended up buying the Pro verison of Titanium Backup. I decided I wanted to remove a few more items from the rom I chose. With the pro version it's possible to Freeze files and make sure your system will still be stable without that file before completely removing it.

Last edited: