Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slapnpop826
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock for now/Cm7 nightly

Default No 3g data

Yesterday I lost all 3g data. If in 4g it works but that's it. I have tried 2 different radios and 2 backups and a new rom altogether.still nothing. I even tried lte switch and cycle through. Any suggestions

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Default Re: No 3g data

Quote Originally Posted by cporcellijr View Post
    Yesterday I lost all 3g data. If in 4g it works but that's it. I have tried 2 different radios and 2 backups and a new rom altogether.still nothing. I even tried lte switch and cycle through. Any suggestions

have you tried switching your kernel? or have you recently flashed a ROM with a different Kernel than you're used to? reason being: i have frequent problems with 3g connectivity when i flash a new ROM & have to tweak the kernel to get it to play nicely with my radio combo
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM

I usually leave the kernel that is in the rom. Never had a problem before.

Edit.talked to verizon said no problems on their end.

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

What rom and radio do you currently have installed?

ROM
    Still Running Stock

I am not sure what your location is, but this past weekend in Phoenix, AZ we had the same problem. There was a 3G outage for our area, but it took some time before the Verizon service rep admitted that. Had to run through the troubleshooting script in front of her before she checked on open tickets for my zip code.

I find that taking the back cover off and on again restores it. This phones hardware setup is garbage.

ROM
    Stock

I had this same problem. I am in the Chicago greater metropolitan area.

For about 4 hours, I had no data at all. Then for 4 hours, I had no 3G -- only 1xRTT or 4G.

Wonderful. Missed some very important emails the first time.

Incidentally, rebooting fixed the no-data problem, but did not fix the no-3G problem.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM

Don't know what it was but finally just fixed itself.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I have started to have this issue. It started last night. No 3G at all. When I got home the 4G kicked in. But now I'm at work again and I have no 3G. I'm in the Washington, DC area.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by onlyoneromeo View Post
    I find that taking the back cover off and on again restores it. This phones hardware setup is garbage.
    I can confirm that this is in fact true. I took the back cover off and now at least have 1X. WTF!!!!

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    I can confirm that this is in fact true. I took the back cover off and now at least have 1X. WTF!!!!

Very odd as 1x antenna is not in battery door. Question any one having no 3G data pulled SIM card? That should force all connections to be reset.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Ok, so I have 1x with the battery door off. When I put it back on, it goes to 3G for a second and then no data. I have been running the same rom for nearly a month without issue. This just started last night as far as I know.

What do you mean by pulling the sim card?

ROM
    Stock

Ok, so I have 1x with the battery door off. When I put it back on, it goes to 3G for a second and then no data. I have been running the same rom for nearly a month without issue. This just started last night as far as I know.

pull the battery. on the bottom there should be a metal sleeve you can lift up. take the 4g card out (SIM card) and leave it out for 2 minutes. Put it back in, slide sleeve down, replace battery and cover (3g/4g radio antennas are in the door).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

He means to power off the phone, pull the battery/sim, wait 2 minutes, put the whole shebang back together and power up. Recheck. This forces the phone to basically reprovision itself.

Since this is just happing to you without any real changes on your phone, you might want to call VZW and ask about any known network issues affecting your area. That happened to me once and sure enough it was a known local network issue. Just one more limb on the troubleshooting tree

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    He means to power off the phone, pull the battery/sim, wait 2 minutes, put the whole shebang back together and power up. Recheck. This forces the phone to basically reprovision itself.

Since this is just happing to you without any real changes on your phone, you might want to call VZW and ask about any known network issues affecting your area. That happened to me once and sure enough it was a known local network issue. Just one more limb on the troubleshooting tree

-Frank
    I gotta say... I'm lucky my area hasn't had an outage. I've had my thunderbolt since May and not once have I had a 3g/4g outgage in my area (large area, all of south florida is my playground). I get strong 4G coverage on all my commutes without dropping signal... if only I could get 4G in my apartment! If I go across the street I can get a weak signal. I'm almost never home, so I don't care too much right now.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

To the OP, download LTE onoff if you haven't already and make sure its not on LTE only mode.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Pulling sim did not work. I'm flashing a diffrent radio now.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

New radio. Same problem.

ROM
    Stock

Sounds like it's hardware, then.

Do you know anyone else with a T-bolt? Maybe you can try their battery door to see if something is wrong with yours. If that works, VZ might replace the door for you (or you can finally buy that extended battery you've always wanted - grin).

Also, check the contacts between the door and the phone, make sure they have good contact and aren't grungy or bent or something. Just a thought...

This sounds like the same problem I am having expect with me it's no 4G. I wonder if they are one and the same problem.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-get-back.html

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I just used ##778# to switch my phone from eHRPD to Rev.A and my 3G is working again.
    FrankXS likes this.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I just used ##778# to switch my phone from eHRPD to Rev.A and my 3G is working again.
    Good job! Glad you are savvy enough to do this. This seems to point to a local VZW issue. Not guaranteed, but likely.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by: