VZW bash - Mobile Unified Communications

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgetting our phones (TB) won?t work on this new system, why wouldn?t you just use call forwarding if you want to receive your office calls while you?re out?

When I travel for business I just use call forwarding from my office phone to my TB.
72# - your cell number. You must answer your cell for it to work. When I return all I do is hit 73#. This is for VZW.

When I am in my office, I forward my cell to my office phone, since I have crappy cell reception in my office.

Mobile Unified Communications
or
Verizon Wireless launches Mobile Unified Communications Client | Android Central

Am I missing something? I think google already does this for free?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
You're missing a lot. You need to read the details. This is not "glorified call forwarding" nor is it intended for the average consumer. This is a business/enterprise product.

r007

1337 Member
May 23, 2011
Visit site
Features that are missing from standard call forwarding that I think stand out:
  • Your caller ID will show up as your business line
  • Can do intercompany calls
  • The voicemail mailbox is different based on what number they called in
  • Calls are routed through the PBX system when at work, so you do not have "bad coverage" in the office

Personally, the downside I see with it is companies might "expect" their employees to use their personal phones in this way... But, my motto is if the company isn't paying for it, they need to stay away from it. This is like your company asking you to bring in your personal laptop to do work... I do not need the ware-and-tear on my personal equipment because the company is demanding me to do it...

Now, if they are helping foot the bill of the phone... we can talk.

Last edited: