Copying SD Card

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The contents of my SD Card are growing large enough so that it takes a while to copy it to my computer. Is there any reason I can't just shut off the phone, plug the SD Card into the computer SD Card reader, copy everything to a folder, eject card, plug back into Tbolt. Turn on Tbolt.

I remember you had to "unmount card" to take the SD Card out of my old OG Droid.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I do it all the time. My PC connection didn't work until recently (long story) and I didn't care. I have almost everything synced through the 'cloud'. But I will occasionally pull the card for a backup.
Run a "disk check" while the card is in the PC to verify the file structure.

Simply doing a power off to shut down the T-Bolt properly will unmount the card.

Reactions: recDNA

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The contents of my SD Card are growing large enough so that it takes a while to copy it to my computer. Is there any reason I can't just shut off the phone, plug the SD Card into the computer SD Card reader, copy everything to a folder, eject card, plug back into Tbolt. Turn on Tbolt.

I remember you had to "unmount card" to take the SD Card out of my old OG Droid.
Turning the phone off unmounts the card. So, just turn the phone off (which you should do anyway before removing the SD card to prevent static electricity damage) and you can copy it easily using an adapter to your computer. Come to think of it, since it is under the battery, I guess you'll be doing this with the TBolt off whether you like it or not :)

However, personally, I'm not so sure that will save you any time. Mine copies fine just using the TBolt cable. Not worth removing.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My cable.is strung between couch cushions to a plug behind the couch. Using usb with computer involves moving my.....body. just trying to save a step but I can't find my mini to standard sd thingy so it just became moot. Need a new mini to standard as converter now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol