VZW CallerID Name Avail Now

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
That link you provided didn't work for me.

"Restricted Transaction

The transaction selected is restricted based on Account Access Role. Learn more about what each role is able to access in My Verizon." is the message I received immediately after I logged in.

Any ideas?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That link you provided didn't work for me.

"Restricted Transaction

The transaction selected is restricted based on Account Access Role. Learn more about what each role is able to access in My Verizon." is the message I received immediately after I logged in.

Any ideas?

You have to logon to your own My Verizon account at the prompt (assuming you are the account owner). Then you'll be taken to where you can set your own "share name".

Try this link without logging in.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Features and Optional Services/faq_share_name_id.html

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I knew about this for a week or two but I didn't know you could edit it. It was funny because when they turned it on, for some reason my daughter's line is the one they assigned our account name to for caller ID even though its not the main line.

Thanks for the link!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I knew about this for a week or two but I didn't know you could edit it. It was funny because when they turned it on, for some reason my daughter's line is the one they assigned our account name to for caller ID even though its not the main line.

Thanks for the link!
Hmm... funny, in my case neither one of my two family share lines were assigned anything yet. I'm gonna leave it that way for a while (same-o-same-o). Actually, I don't even think my local carrier supports it. My calls have always come into my home land line as "Englewood, CO". Presumably some name taken off of the switching header or something. Mine has never been "Wireless Caller" or "Cellular Caller" or any of the other reported descriptors.

Edit: Correction! I just now checked and it DOES now say "Wireless Caller". Never did before. Changes, they are a come--n. :)

I was kind of thinking of "Lloyd" for mine, when/if I set it up :) <---

-Frank

Last edited:

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
You have to logon to your own My Verizon account at the prompt (assuming you are the account owner). Then you'll be taken to where you can set your own "share name".

Try this link without logging in.

Share Name ID

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

I still can't access it for whatever unknown reason. Oh well. I'll ask my friend who works at Verizon.

Regardless, thanks for the help!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc