Installing Custom Live Wallpapers

I Be Zachh

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
How can I install custom Live Wallpapers to my Thunderbolt from my computer?

I've already tried copying the apk to the SDCard and installing it with Astro, but every attempt ends with Astro saying, "Application not installed." I've also tried compressing it to a zip file and installing it through Clockwork Recovery. That method always says, "Installation Aborted." I have re-booted several times to try again, and everything leads to the same results.

I've been Google/YouTube/AndroidCentral searching for alternatives for quite a while now and can't seem to find anything.

I currently have the Gingeritis 3D v1.0 ROM, would that be my problem? If not, is there anyone that knows a detailed guide of how to install a LWP?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to install by copying the apk to your sdcard and using astro or other file manager and since that isnt working I'm assuming you have a bad download or an apk that won't work with your phone/rom. What lwp is it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work like installing most apks through a file manager.... In the second paragraph of the instructions it says " for installation you need to be rooted, and you need to adb push."

I Be Zachh

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work like installing most apks through a file manager.... In the second paragraph of the instructions it says " for installation you need to be rooted, and you need to adb push."

I've tried that several times just now, the process itself seems to work, but the LWP is still not showing up on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech