1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Default re-calibrate screen?

The right 1/4" of my screen has no touch input. Visually, everything is normal. Is there a way to re-calibrate my screen? or is this a warranty issue?

Default Re: re-calibrate screen?

You could try recalibrating the touchscreen by going to Menu, Settings, Language & keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, under Finger touch precision, choose Calibration tool or even Reset calibration. If it still happens, you may have a bad screen which should be covered under warranty.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    You could try recalibrating the touchscreen by going to Menu, Settings, Language & keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, under Finger touch precision, choose Calibration tool or even Reset calibration. If it still happens, you may have a bad screen which should be covered under warranty.
    i dont have the touch input option on my phone how do i calabrate my android with out this option

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by delannas View Post
    i dont have the touch input option on my phone how do i calabrate my android with out this option
    The Thunderbolt should always have this option. Are you running stock or aftermarket firmware?

From the home screen:
    - Menu
    - Settings
    - Language & Keyboard (5th from the bottom)
    - Touch Input (this should be way down at the bottom, under all your keyboards)
    - Text Input (right about the middle of the list)
    - Calibration Tool and Reset calibration are the last two options.

Make sure you're holding your phone is in the portrait position. If not you will not see the calibrate and reset options.

I have a similar problem. However mine only affects the O, K, and M keys when trying to type. It is very frustrating, but I'm trying to deal with it until the next big HTC phone comes out.

I had the same problem with my 1st tb after a year the lower left was dead in spots I had to get a replacement from vzn

.I go to language and keyboard and theres no touch and text input anywhere. is there any other way i can recalibrate my screen without having to take it in. i have a droid 2.

jemcsb, you are asking this in the HTC Thunderbolt forum.

I tried to calibrate my screen, failed to get by the "o" in brown. I tried to reset to the factory settings. That portion of the screen, the whole right 1/4 inch in profile position, is unresponsive. Presumably, that means that I need a new screen or phone?