Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default THunderbolt touch screen Freeze

WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze & or why does the accuracy seem to be a little jumpy somedays???
    AND why does my microphone in mid conversation go kaput!?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Default Re: THunderbolt touch screen Freeze

I haven't had any of those issue, what have you done to try to fix? Does a restart fix your screen issue? if so for how long?

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by janbttcll View Post
    WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze
    I had the same issue also. The only thing that worked for me was doing a BATTERY PULL. It is frustrating at times especially when I want to text or talk or FB. But, it hasn't happened in a couple of days.

When I did the battery pull, I left it out for about 5 mins.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by janbttcll View Post
    WHy does my touch screen for my Thunderbolt freeze & or why does the accuracy seem to be a little jumpy somedays???
    AND why does my microphone in mid conversation go kaput!?

You wont believe it but it just happened again..definitely not due to charge level nor rom.

Never happened before I rooted.

I was able to restart using a tip a kind poster gave me...push power, volume up, and volume down simultaneously. Easier than a battery pull if it's at an inconvenient time or place.
    Last edited by recDNA; 10-18-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    You wont believe it but it just happened again..definitely not due to charge level nor rom.

Never happened before I rooted.

I was able to restart using a tip a kind poster gave me...push power, volume up, and volume down simultaneously. Easier than a battery pull if it's at an inconvenient time or place.
    Same here, and thanx for that tip just tried it, and the other issue i had was my notification drop down doesn't work half the time unless i go to the menu then hit notifications..... Kind of annyoing cause i like to use it for multitasking while playing games and what not....

May I ask one of you more familiar with the workings of the tbolt to comment on whether a particular rom may reduce or eliminate the frequency of these screen freezes?

Any chance your finger or hands were a bit moist? I noticed that interferes with touch big time.

This has happened to me on 5 occasions. I'm not sweaty.

Tunder bolt : my screen freazes and I can't swip turn it on stand by. But the clock works just fine