Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two New Problems (Video and Voicemail)

Having two new problems and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix or if you are having the same problem.

First one is with recorded video. I can record video no problem, but playback does not work. I can hear audio but the screen freezes up. The only way I've been fixing this is to restart my phone, once I restart it, the videos work, but if I try again in an hour they don't work. Anyone?

Also, for the past 3 weeks, my phone isn't letting me know that I have received a voicemail. Again, once I restart my phone, it will show me that I have voicemails waiting for me.

Let me know if this is a common error, or if I need to make a trip to verizon.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Two New Problems (Video and Voicemail)

Quote Originally Posted by peptoe View Post
    Having two new problems and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix or if you are having the same problem.

First one is with recorded video. I can record video no problem, but playback does not work. I can hear audio but the screen freezes up. The only way I've been fixing this is to restart my phone, once I restart it, the videos work, but if I try again in an hour they don't work. Anyone?

Also, for the past 3 weeks, my phone isn't letting me know that I have received a voicemail. Again, once I restart my phone, it will show me that I have voicemails waiting for me.

Thanks!
    Can't answer about Recorded Video... but, about VM, if you upgraded to GB via OTA, there is a known issue with the VM notification being broken. They (HTC/VZW) are working on releasing a new version that will fix this bug as we speak. No known release date, but many think the end of this month. Or maybe even this week!

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Thanks!
    I signed up for visual voicemail and Verizon credited my account for the month. Visual voicemail notifications come right through.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Default Re: Two New Problems (Video and Voicemail)

Thanks!
    Question 1......are you rooted?

If the answer is NO, then you might want to think about it. I am running das BAMF 1.0.8 and everything is working (VM notification, camera etc). I use Google VM so I don't care about the notification issue.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog