Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New gingerbread release 605

Android police has new leak pose to fix vm and others

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: New gingerbread release 605

Quote Originally Posted by kandymaneb View Post
    Android police has new leak pose to fix vm and others
    Link to the story: [Exclusive] Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.5 For The HTC Thunderbolt, Fixes Several Issues From Official Gingerbread OTA

Fixes include:

HTC Logger removed
    Voicemail notification fixed
    Front facing camera/Gtalk fixed
    MMS/SMS Fixes
    Weather syncing fixes

Nice!
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

I will be waiting for a nice new ROM to come this...

ROM
    stock, for now...

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    I will be waiting for a nice new ROM to come this...
    That ROM has been out for awhile, it's called bamf forever.
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by spartanguy81 View Post
    That ROM has been out for awhile, it's called bamf forever.
    False.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hmmmm who wants to guess how long this one is on shelf b4 it gets recalled?
    Last edited by ggrr8t; 10-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I posted on their page about the ".....and more". Am curious as to what that means.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

What SMS/MMS issues are there in the first issue of Gingerbread that they would be correcting here?

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

I have the locked bootloader (thunderbolt_patched_hboot). So this should *not* undo that?

Thanks!

I was on vacation overseas when the first update was released, so I'm still on Froyo. From the looks of things, I got lucky! I hope this next update, when released, isn't buggy.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DMBMARKT View Post
    What SMS/MMS issues are there in the first issue of Gingerbread that they would be correcting here?
    I'm going to guess that's the resolution to the "sent SMS/MMS to wrong person" issue in Froyo. I certainly haven't seen any SMS/MMS message issues in Gingerbread stock OTA, well, at least not any new ones.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I've been running this for a few hours now and everything seems smooth. I downloaded the file from my phone went to androzip pro found the file renamed it and moved it to the root of my SD card. Then I followed the instructions from android police. I didn't know if it would work because my phone is stock and not rooted. Then I went to the market reinstalled myback pro. And restored everything.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    I'm going to guess that's the resolution to the "sent SMS/MMS to wrong person" issue in Froyo. I certainly haven't seen any SMS/MMS message issues in Gingerbread stock OTA, well, at least not any new ones.
    I'm 99% sure that this issue was resolved even with the first issuance of Gingerbread. I haven't had any issues since getting the update, and I haven't noticed any reports of it either. The issues I've seen with the SMS/MMS is the fact that when the phone is plugged in something weird happens sometimes where it doesn't want to type the message properly. The other problem I've seen is if I am trying to type a message to someone and a text message comes in it screws with the message I'm typing sometimes. Those are the couple of texting issues I've seen, but I wasn't sure if others are seeing the same thing. Also, another one is that I can't get my phone, when on vibrate, to vibrate when a text message comes in. When the phone is on vibrate and a text message comes in it acts the same as if the phone was in silent mode.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I agree. I think the "change log", as it were, is referring to the improvements since Froyo -- as if GB was never released. Remember, their press release said that GB was going to be "delayed", as if it never happened (for one day ).

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DMBMARKT View Post
    I'm 99% sure that this issue was resolved even with the first issuance of Gingerbread. I haven't had any issues since getting the update, and I haven't noticed any reports of it either.
    Exactly. My point was that the "changelog" includes fixes since Froyo, since most stock Thunderbolts out there are still on Froyo.

It's only us geeks who sat there hitting the "Check Updates" button with the tenacity and enthusiasm of Jack Russell Terriers who got Gingerbread.

So Verizon's changelogs are going to include issues that affected Froyo users (SMS/MMS sent to wrong person) AND the brand spankin' new issues that affected only OTA Gingerbread users (voicemail notification, front-facing camera no workie in Google Talk, etc).

Here's hoping they took the time to get it right. This time. OK, more of a "wish" than a "hope", but a guy's gotta dream...

me and my wife at times can't send or receive mms, hope this will help. both are running bamf forever 1.07. have tried all kinds of tricks to make it work and nothing does.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

It's only us geeks who sat there hitting the "Check Updates" button with the tenacity and enthusiasm of Jack Russell Terriers who got Gingerbread.
    I hate Jack Daniels...err... Jack Russels!

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 10-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    tropper likes this.

I doubt vzw/htc techs would spend 5 seconds working on a fix for google talk.

Quote Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
    I've been running this for a few hours now and everything seems smooth. I downloaded the file from my phone went to androzip pro found the file renamed it and moved it to the root of my SD card. Then I followed the instructions from android police. I didn't know if it would work because my phone is stock and not rooted. Then I went to the market reinstalled myback pro. And restored everything.
    I've done that in the past when still on 3G (took forever to download though). Now that LTE has been turned on where I live, needless to say, it was VERY fast to download today! (gotta love that ability). (Haven't flashed it yet though as I'm at work) You didn't mention it and may have already done so, but I'd highly recommend anyone using this method download a MD5 checksum app and run it against the file to ensure the file integrity is good before flashing it, just to be safe.

Have you been able to confirm the voicemail notification issue is fixed now? The big question though; is this going to be the official OTA?

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Skyraider 1.3

I REAAAAALLLLY hope that Adr updates his "Side Project" with the NEW leaked base!!!

That is BY FAR the best ROM for the TB.

I just updated to this leak and I'm having market issues. I have not had market issues with any other versions.

What I typically do is go to the market on my PC and from "my library" I push apps to my phone after I install a leak. After installing this 605.5 version, the market says there is no android phone associated with my account. This is preventing me from reinstalling my apps the easy way. I have done nothing differently than all the times before. WTF?????

Well after a period of time, it appears that this has straightened itself out. Never had to wait before...
    Last edited by Maddog241; 10-20-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: update
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

I downloaded the original Gingerbread OTA, and the only problem I've had with it is that it's caused issues with Handcent. Every time I get a text, when I clear out my notifications, as soon as my screen goes off, it brings back the previous notifications from the texts I've already received. The only way to get it to stop is to delete the entire texting "threads" from Handcent. Not sure if this is an issue with Gingerbread, or Handcent itself. Kinda hoping it gets fixed one way or another, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    I downloaded the original Gingerbread OTA, and the only problem I've had with it is that it's caused issues with Handcent. Every time I get a text, when I clear out my notifications, as soon as my screen goes off, it brings back the previous notifications from the texts I've already receitved. The only way to get it to stop is to delete the entire texting "threads" from Handcent. Not sure if this is an issue with Gingerbread, or Handcent itself. Kinda hoping it gets fixed one way or another, though.
    Did you try clearing handcent cash or even reinstall? I've never experienced a problem with handcent.

I have an sms issues with go sms. After clearing my inbox, ill receive a message from person A, I reply to it and it goes to person A, but when I back out into my inbox it changes to person B. Person B was the actual person that sent the message. Then a few seconds later I receive a "what?" From person A because they have no idea why I sent them a message. Not sure if its GB or go sms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rav3nCroft View Post
    Did you try clearing handcent cash or even reinstall? I've never experienced a problem with handcent.
    I'll give that a try and see how it works out the next day or so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast