Phone will only ring, flips bird to silent/vib option

Coupon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Past few days my TB will only ring, even if on silent or vibrate mode. I used the Ringer Toggle widget so I thought it was just failing. Nope. Tech Support sent me a new TB and it still will not acknowledge a silent/vibrate option. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? I've had the TB for a few months and everything was fine and dandy up until now. Grrrr..... Thanks for any tips

Coupon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
An update in case anyone finds it useful: 4 Verizon store employees, 4 tech support people and 2 replacement Thunderbolts with the same issue later, the final solution was giving me a Bionic. What a pain.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the Bionic. I am currently on my third Thunderbolt in the last week and am getting sick of this. I was told by the rep that sent this replacement that if I wasn't happy with this third one she would help me get a different phone. So I will not settle for another Tbolt if this one doesn't work properly. I want a Bionic or Razr.

shelby57

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Past few days my TB will only ring, even if on silent or vibrate mode. I used the Ringer Toggle widget so I thought it was just failing. Nope. Tech Support sent me a new TB and it still will not acknowledge a silent/vibrate option. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? I've had the TB for a few months and everything was fine and dandy up until now. Grrrr..... Thanks for any tips

shelby57

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Htc about that issue. The solution is to do a factory reset using hold the down volume and power buttons, not the factory reset in phone settings. Make sure you do a phone back up as it will wipe everything but the phone number. It worked for me in the pulled 2.34 update. New update today ends in. 5 instead of. 3

Coupon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the Bionic. I am currently on my third Thunderbolt in the last week and am getting sick of this. I was told by the rep that sent this replacement that if I wasn't happy with this third one she would help me get a different phone. So I will not settle for another Tbolt if this one doesn't work properly. I want a Bionic or Razr.

If you end up with a 4th replacement, I would put up a fuss for real. They intially offered the Charge and the LG. I told them the Charge's interface and lack of notification light was a deal-breaker (I keep phone on silent +90% of time) and the LG doesn't compete performance wise.

I emailed Htc about that issue. The solution is to do a factory reset using hold the down volume and power buttons, not the factory reset in phone settings. Make sure you do a phone back up as it will wipe everything but the phone number. It worked for me in the pulled 2.34 update. New update today ends in. 5 instead of. 3

Wow. One of the techs said they spoke with HTC about the issue and they said they haven't heard of it. I guess the fact it happened on my original phone, the replacement phone and the second replacement phone made VZW just provide another make/model for the trouble. The Gingerbread update didn't fix issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair