Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pissed at Verizon. Advice?

My wife and I signed up with Verizon back in March. She got the iPhone, I got a Thunderbolt. The device had a lot of problems and I received a replacement device in June. That device had a problem as well and was replace in September. I sent back the faulty device on September 12 and they received it September 14 (FedEx tracking #875288907070) however they keep sending me messages that I am going to be charged $569 for not returning the device to them. I have spoken with 4 different representatives as well as their "Twitter Team" and each time there is no resolution. Each has filed a request for the warehouse to locate the device but nothing has happened. They say I am going to be charged on Nov. 4 for the device THAT I SENT BACK. What should I do? I've considered the BBB, my state Consumer Protection Division, etc. Has anyone dealt with them? Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by xxtdxx View Post
    My wife and I signed up with Verizon back in March. She got the iPhone, I got a Thunderbolt. The device had a lot of problems and I received a replacement device in June. That device had a problem as well and was replace in September. I sent back the faulty device on September 12 and they received it September 14 (FedEx tracking #875288907070) however they keep sending me messages that I am going to be charged $569 for not returning the device to them. I have spoken with 4 different representatives as well as their "Twitter Team" and each time there is no resolution. Each has filed a request for the warehouse to locate the device but nothing has happened. They say I am going to be charged on Nov. 4 for the device THAT I SENT BACK. What should I do? I've considered the BBB, my state Consumer Protection Division, etc. Has anyone dealt with them? Advice?
    I wouldn't worry much, so long as you have tracking number and the tracking number shows that it arrived at their warehouse. Wait another week to see what happens. I have heard of some cases of the phone being lost, but everyone who had tracking showing that it was delivered eventually got a refund or credit. Yeah, it is still a headache, but rest assured that you won't lose money, only time.
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Tell them to ask R. Schwindt what s/he did with the phone after s/he signed for it:
    http://m.fedex.com/mt/www.fedex.com/Tracking

I know you're frustrated. But, personally, I would try to have some fun with this. The documentation to prove your case is so plainly obvious for all to see on the World Wide Web! If they won't ask R. Schwindt, ask them to transfer you to him/her so you can ask him/her yourself. Ask them to get Verizon HR on the phone so you can find out what the R. stands for in R. Schwindt's name so you won't have to keep referring to him/her as an hermaphrodite. Offer to fly to Fort Worth to personally help them search for the phone. One time I went so far as to ask tech support to explain to a 1st Tier customer support rep why batteries and chargers should be considered an essential part of a well functionong cell phone. The CS rep politely wrote it all down and read it back to me so that I wouldn't have to explain it all over again to another customer service rep. Some times you just have to laugh to keep from crying.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Last edited by robrecht; 10-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Default Re: Pissed at Verizon. Advice?

Right now I am in the same boat. I've been getting the messages about returning the device. I am on my third Tbolt. I do have the info and it was delivered and signed for by the warehouse staff. I am just waiting for the charge and then they will have to take it off and conpensate me for my time to keep me as a long time customer.

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3

Default Re: Pissed at Verizon. Advice?

All I can say is DO NOT PAY THEN A DIME.. I sent my tbolt back also, one of several times, but the last time 3-4 months ago, I got an email & letter saying if I don't return my device I will be charged FULL PRICE even though I returned it 30 days before the first email & letter.. Anyway I called them & asked what's up, the girl I spoke to said it's at the warehouse & doesn't know why this is happening.. She then proceeded to type up an investigation letter.. I was getting billed for 4 months & would not pay it.. Today I got my bill with a $599.00 credit. seems they finally found it. I had all the tracking info & it was signed for by someone in their warehouse but still tried to charge me.. So no matter what DO NOT PAY IT.. Either way someone signed for it at their warehouse. So weather someone is steeling them our what ever.. You will be credited sooner or later.. Again took me almost 5 months till I got the change taken off & the Last time I spoke to anyone at Verizon was 3 months ago. I refused to pay them & it worked out..