Text-to-speech settings anyone know how to set up?

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set this up or make it work? It?s supposed to read your incoming text I believe.

I am not talking about the little mic on the key board, that?s speech to text. I am looking for text to speech so it will read my text messages.

I found the set-up, Settings---voice input & output--- Text-to-speech settings

But can figure out how to make it work.
Thanks

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you need to download a voice pack, like TTS which is free, or something like Ivona, which has better voices, but costs a bit.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set this up or make it work? It’s supposed to read your incoming text I believe.

I am not talking about the little mic on the key board, that’s speech to text. I am looking for text to speech so it will read my text messages.

I found the set-up, Settings---voice input & output--- Text-to-speech settings

But can figure out how to make it work.
Thanks
I know it says "text to speech", but have a hunch what they really mean is speech to text. I dunno... I'm not much of a media type guy, but I didn't think the TBolt had the text to speech capability built-in. Anyone?

EDIT! Yes, I see now. Sorry. When you attempt to turn on the Accessibility option you are prompted to download the Google "TalkBack" app. I'm downloading it now. I'll see what happens... Holy Cow... it works good. Basically a screen reader. I was also prompted to download a "preferences" application after the main app, which I did.

Is yours just not audible? What's happening? Did you enable it after the download by going into Settings | Accessibility | Enable TalkBack (or similar)? I can't get it to actually read the SMS messages either. It will read the title of the SMS page and say "Add Text Box", but will not actually read the message. Looks like the problem is that you can't get one message to appear on the screen alone. At least I can't.

-Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski