1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Steinhill Screen Protector

Which one should I get?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: Steinhill Screen Protector

I have the ultra crystal version on my Thunderbolt. It fit exactly, went on smoothly, and seems to smudge about the same as the original screen. I suspect most people picking up my phone would not know I had the protector on . I'm very pleased with it.

One of the Amazon reviews for the Ultra Crystal gave a nice detailed explanation of how to apply, but I'm not sure it was necessary.

I have the ultra crystal as well. Great one.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have ultra crystal, I am pleased with it. But how is the one with the matte finish?

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Quote Originally Posted by Littleairjordan1 View Post
    I have ultra crystal, I am pleased with it. But how is the one with the matte finish?
    Good question. I have Ultra Crystal... Six months of service looks like six more is possible.... 2nd is still in package.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

I have the Ultra Oleophobic, hoping it would really keep finger prints to a min.
    So far work very well

I had both the oleophobic and the ultra crystal. both were great, but the oleophobic scratched way too easily. I ended up replacing it with the ultra crystal and smudges aren't such a huge issue as I thought it would be. so I'd suggest going with the ultra crystal, no one can even tell I have a screen protector on.

I just ordered some anti-glare/anti-fingerprint off ebay. A set of 3 off brand for $2.50.

Love them. Had the first on since purchase (3 months ago) and not one issue. Can't see needing to replace it any time soon and I still have 2 more in the package.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for screen protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    I just ordered some anti-glare/anti-fingerprint off ebay. A set of 3 off brand for $2.50.

Love them. Had the first on since purchase (3 months ago) and not one issue. Can't see needing to replace it any time soon and I still have 2 more in the package.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for screen protectors.
    Not always my friend. I have used a bunch for my Incredible and Thunderbolt and nothing like the Steinhill.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

ROM
    BAMF SoaB v1.04

The ultra crystal is the best I've ever used on any phone. I forget it's there and it doesn't smudge any worse than the screen without a protector.

I could see 6 months of use out of one easy but I changed at 4 just because I got another one with the clear skin I purchased for the rest of the phone.

I have Zagg and its ok, nothing special. Since the phone has Gorilla glass is it worth even bothering with a screen protector?

I have the Ultra Clear as well. Looks nice but it does show smudges a lot.

ROM
    BAMF SoaB v1.04

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltJ View Post
    I have Zagg and its ok, nothing special. Since the phone has Gorilla glass is it worth even bothering with a screen protector?
    I think so. Somehow I got a small scratch on my screen in the first week. I tried to keep it safe from scratches. If I remember right it's a variant of gorilla glass that's still scratchable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyLunchmeat View Post
    I think so. Somehow I got a small scratch on my screen in the first week. I tried to keep it safe from scratches. If I remember right it's a variant of gorilla glass that's still scratchable.

Thanks Johnny. I checked the corning web site and they didnt say anything about it being different. talk about bad marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltJ View Post
    Are you talking about the thunderbolt? Because the tbolt does not have gorilla glass....

I believe it was rumored to before release, but ended up not getting it.

Are you talking about the thunderbolt? Because the tbolt does not have gorilla glass....

Its on the corning web site:

According to Corning it has Gorilla Glass, See the link provided in the post above me.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Ultra-Fine (Anti-Glare/Fingerprint) is amazing!