Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default after gb update dialer is killing my battery

ever since the gb update my battery life has been very odd. i dont make calls every day. mostly just text, gaming an web. but when i make even just one call my battery seems to drain very fast. went into my battery usage an dialer was 57%. i havent made a call since yesterday for about 5 mins. seems like restarting the phone ends the dialers usage until my next call.\
    \
    anyone else seeing this.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Default Re: after gb update dialer is killing my battery

Try turning off Assisted Dialing
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i shall try that an see. but all day dialer has been above 41 percent

no calls made

Its a known issue with the GB releases. Turning off assisted dialing doesn't really help much. Hopefully the latest release addressed it but I doubt it. I've brought it up on here before and its been discussed a little.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Fake Jesus View Post
    ever since the gb update my battery life has been very odd. i dont make calls every day. mostly just text, gaming an web. but when i make even just one call my battery seems to drain very fast. went into my battery usage an dialer was 57%. i havent made a call since yesterday for about 5 mins. seems like restarting the phone ends the dialers usage until my next call.\
    \
    anyone else seeing this.
    I have the same issue running BAMF forever 1.0.6 and 1.0.7.

i've tried a new Kernel,
    i've tried using go dialer instead
    i've tried freezing the dialer via Titanium backup
    i've tired data/cache wipes
    i've tried reinstalling the ROM
    i've tired turning off assisted dialing
    i've tried during off the speaker on flip settings etc.

i'm tempted to go back to Froyo!!!

any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Alpha

Try going under your applications and look for Dialer. If its running that much it should be under the running tab but if not, it will be under the all tab. Clear data and force stop it. This has helped with others in the past. It seems that the dialer gets kinda stuck sometimes and this helps it.

No guarantees and I can't say from experience because I've never had the problem but, I have heard others say this fixed it.