the TB will be lost after this update

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
personally i think u all should root and try running different roms i was hesitant but finally what the hell..whole diffent world! with the same phone..its like getting a brand new one...VW will never officially update this phone again IMO its a great learning experience to play with it...i know there are people that say i bought this it should work as intended..well you all know how that goes..no phone will be RIGHT if they keep pumping them out left and right just with better so called guts but no testing on how it really works....running differnet roms is awsome...they fix defaults in days or weeks not 6 months..i dont get what encourages the devs but they do damn good work something HTC and VW must not be able to figure out

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
once ice cream sandwich comes out I will finally learn to root.. I agree with you.. if I screw my phone up, oh well, then I will go buy the nexus..

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
personally i think u all should root and try running different roms i was hesitant but finally what the hell..whole diffent world! with the same phone..its like getting a brand new one...VW will never officially update this phone again IMO its a great learning experience to play with it...i know there are people that say i bought this it should work as intended..well you all know how that goes..no phone will be RIGHT if they keep pumping them out left and right just with better so called guts but no testing on how it really works....running differnet roms is awsome...they fix defaults in days or weeks not 6 months..i dont get what encourages the devs but they do damn good work something HTC and VW must not be able to figure out

I am one of those people said; "I bought this phone and it should work as intended."

I still believe that, however, I also accept reality. For the most part, the TB has been a fine phone. I have never had the problems some have with this HTC product.

I also believe this is the last upgrade the TB will get. When I still have a year left on my contact, and ICS has been out for a while, I may have to learn how to root. :-[

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, I'm NOT interested in rooting my phone nor am I concerned that the Thunderbolt won't get ICS (I’ll wait for that on a new phone at a future date). As long as the voicemail bug is fixed (with the newly released OTA), I'm gold with this phone and plan to keep rockin it stock for a quite a while. For me, it just plain works! So, I'm a happy camper and have no further worries. :)

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not bored enough to root yet. The 13.9mb update I just got to the original GB OTA is fine for me and I'm normally a tinkerer. There's just nothing wrong with this phone for what I use it for that I would need to gain root access at this point. If I have to root to get ICS then so be it.

For now. I'm flawlessly running 124 apps, going an average of 160 hours between reboots and that's just because I think it needs it not because it does, 4 second GPS lock, 18mbs down 8mbs up LTE speed is normal here in Fort Worth. With all the crap I run and save I'm nowhere near filling 32GB SD Card so the 1/2 GB maybe I'd save removing bloatware is a non-issue at this point.

I test and clean the phone regularly to remove crap that would slow it down and I have monitors in place to find misbehaving apps and they get whacked without ceremony. Yes, there's always new hardware on the horizon, or even on Verizon, to tempt us, but my TBolt is by far the best smartphone I've ever laid hands on and it is STILL the only one on Big Red that can do data and voice over 3G simultaneously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2