Will we get android 4.0?
10-27-2011 09:16 AM
- 10-26-2011 09:55 PMLike 2
- 10-26-2011 10:12 PM
For me, I'm way to curious to not root. The Thunderbolt was my first Android device, and in the first week I owned it I was like "I don't really need to worry about rooting and all that"...but then I was literally rooted a week later, using ADB (no revolutionary method back then!). About a week after that, I was already scrapping the stock OS to install ROMs. I was hooked. For me, it's like an addiction.10-26-2011 10:27 PM
- Gees; man give it a rest.
We just got Gingerbread and only one new phone net yet released is scheduled for ice cream sandwich.
Besides ICS is just a mashup between GB and Honneycomb so the same operating system can be used for both platforms....a benefit for the developers, not nececesarily the users. I would suspect it will generate more problems for the phone platform than it provides enhancements.
Just my 2 cents....10-27-2011 12:07 AM
- I agree with most posters on two counts......
I don't believe an ICS OTA will ever come from verizon for the thunderbolt. They probably won't even have it in stock in March. Why would they dedicate people to push this upgrade when there are many phones coming down the pipeline?
If you are scared to root, why get on here and want for the next os? Especially if your phone runs "buttery smooth"? I personally don't think any of the bloatware filled crap roms are smooth, but to each their own.10-27-2011 07:05 AM
- 10-27-2011 07:29 AM
And BTW, we can be about 99.999999999% sure they will never officially update the TB to ICS. But I guarantee I'll have it on mine a week after the source code is released... Have you SEEN what some of these dev's can do?!!!
Just my 2 cents...10-27-2011 08:18 AM
- One thing to keep in mind, the Thunderbolt has been one of Verizon's best selling phones, if not it's best selling smart phone (not sure about now with the iPhone 4s). Over 260,000 have been sold, so there is a possibility that it could get it. I wish I had to the link to the article that gave me this information, but I don't have time to search for it at the moment.10-27-2011 08:39 AM
- Why worry about ICS when HTC would most likely keep Sense over it anyway? It's like all those clamoring for Gingerbread, then once they got it, it was, "Hey, it pretty much looks the same, what was the big deal about GB?", not realizing it was mainly under the hood improvements. Frankly, from what I've seen of ICS, I'm not all that crazy about how it looks natively, not so sure about those soft button controls versus capacitive ones. So, I'd still prefer the Sense overlay. Besides all that, the Thunderbolt is running like a top now with GB, overall smoother and battery life is better. So, I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.10-27-2011 09:08 AM
- You say that, but several posts back you are looking to get quick settings in your notification bar. All this is possible with root. I like to have my phone the way I want it so that is why I root. Stock is good, but having your phone the way you like it is better. I am sure ICS will be good, but right now having sense 3.0 is great.
-Frank10-27-2011 09:16 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Will we get android 4.0?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD