Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Set default launcher

How do I set Go Launcher as my default- it keeps going back to HTC sense when i hit the home button

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Default Re: Set default launcher

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    How do I set Go Launcher as my default- it keeps going back to HTC sense when i hit the home button
    did you install the Launcher?
    after installation, the very first time you hit the 'home' button--it should ask you which you'd like to use to accomplish the process.

if not,
    home screen>menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>HTC Sense (the clock/dock icon picture one, NOT the letters HTC)>clear defaults

then hit the Home screen
    tap Go Launcher, & checkmark "set as default" or whatever the text below the Launcher is

I did that thing and when I push the home screen button, the home screen just refreshes but doesn't gives me a pop up option. What I did was I downloaded another launcher (ADW launcher- you can download other launcher) aside from the launcher that I want to use, install it and when I am about to apply it, The pop up shows on which launcher I want to set as default. I use my favorite launcher and just un install ADW. Easy.

i found a better fix from xda, for me it was the bootloop animation, and it was caused by a launcher that doesnt support by kitkat.
    i enter into safe mode following the follow instruction:
    [Info] Guide to entering safe mode, bootloader, stock recovery - xda-developers
    switch out the launcher and reboot my nexus 7 and everything works!