1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default Excessive battery drain after latest update

Am i the only one experiencing aarger than normal battery drain with the new update. I could at least let my phone sit without any significant drain bit now after sitting on a table for 3 hour it lost easy 20% and now that i am using it to surf at home on my wifi the battery has drained nearly another 20% in the past 30 minutes. I saw this earlier and did a full battery pull reset and no measurable change in the excessive drain.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Excessive battery drain after latest update

go to settings, about phone, battery usage, what is using your battery.
    It will tell you.
    You will see what is the biggest drain.
    Hope that helps.
    From there you can post back and get all sorts of good advice here.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by silinthar View Post
    Am i the only one experiencing aarger than normal battery drain with the new update. I could at least let my phone sit without any significant drain bit now after sitting on a table for 3 hour it lost easy 20% and now that i am using it to surf at home on my wifi the battery has drained nearly another 20% in the past 30 minutes. I saw this earlier and did a full battery pull reset and no measurable change in the excessive drain.

Any ideas?
    most likely some problem with the 4g radio,try to turn off mobile data to see if the problem persists.

For me, my battery life went up dramatically after GB update...didn't change a thing.

If you didnt add any apps after udate then I would suggest a battery pull reboot and if problem persists follow advice in previous posts to find out what might br causing it.

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Quote Originally Posted by skyjjc View Post
    For me, my battery life went up dramatically after GB update...didn't change a thing.

If you didnt add any apps after udate then I would suggest a battery pull reboot and if problem persists follow advice in previous posts to find out what might br causing it.
    +1
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

I'm having the same issue after the update I only heard of mostly improvements from others so when my battery life got worse I was shocked. I'll try the battery pull

Sent from my Nokia 3390 using Tapatalk

Mine went up but I'm back on bamf forever and battery life is slightly worse. My own fault though. I'm too lazy to condition the battery. Well I couldn't anyway cuz I have no power since last night. Snow in new england knocked out my power.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Thanks for the tips. It appears that the big drain now is screen and phone calls. A 16 min phone call sucked nearly 20% of the battery.
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm on the same boat. It's peculiar, because with a leaked gingerbread ruu, I was getting 20 hours on the stock battery. Once I flashed BAMF forever 1.07, I'm averaging around 5 to 7 hours with the same usage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    I'm on the same boat. It's peculiar, because with a leaked gingerbread ruu, I was getting 20 hours on the stock battery. Once I flashed BAMF forever 1.07, I'm averaging around 5 to 7 hours with the same usage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    u need to condition your battery i think

same here and I have conditioned yesterday.

ROM
    Synergy

Try running a custom kernel. Imoseyons lean, or Adrynalyne's versions are both newly based off the official source.

Angry Re: Excessive battery drain after latest update

I'm also experiencing incredible battery drain since the update to GB last week. It's at a point right now where I can't make it to lunch with little to no usage on my Thunderbolt. Without being next to a charger at all times by phone turns into an expensive paper weight in less than 5 hrs.

I called Verizon yesterday and they are sending me a new battery to see if that will help but I don't believe that's the problem because I never experienced battery drain like this on Froyo.

Here's an example of what I'm experiencing...

On battery for 4hrs 52mins

Unplugged phone from charger at 7am, sent emails for about 35mins while carpooling on the Good Enterprises app my company uses for corporate email, got to work and sat my phone on my desk... touched it may 3 or 4 times to respond to a few txt messages during the mornings. Got up from my desk at 11:50am to go on a lunch appointment and my phone was at 3% battery life remaining.

When I checked my battery usage it broke down like this..

Display 80%
    Cell Standby 7%
    Android System 5%
    Andriod O/S 5%
    Messaging 2%
    Bluetooth 1% - Bluetooth is turned off so I'm not sure why it is using battery

Run phone on 4G network all day, I am not rooted, running stock GB OTA, use no WiFi when away from home, no GPS, no Bluetooth, manual sync, no animations, screen brightness at lowest possible for viewing, black background, screen timeout at 1min

Any help you have I would greatly appreciate it because I really like this phone but it is useless if I have to shut everything off, use 3g, and alway worry when I'm away from a charger for more than 3 hours.

Thank you
    Nate

I am having similar massive battery drain issues but only when on 4g. I am on wifi most of the time and on wifi my battery life is great with the GB update.

Oddly enough I think my battery was much better on the first GB update (the one with the vm notification problem) than it is currently on the second GB update.

Definitely check your settings. The latest update reset most of my settings (including 100% screen brightness, default overlay, etc) - when I turned it back down to where I had it (around 40% brightness), I noticed a dramatic increase in my battery life compared to pre-update. I changed my phone to 3G only using a different method because it was before they created the easy-toggle, so as far as I know I'm still on 3G-only. I would double check that it didn't reset that on you, searching for a 4G signal is a huge battery drain on this phone.

My breakdown is
    Display 43%
    Dialer 14%
    Android System 14%
    Cell Standby 12%
    Phone Idle 10%
    Internet 5%
    Android OS 2%

With 9h19min on battery and still over 50% charge left.

My battery life took a nose dive after the last update. I'll try the battery pull tomorrow.