Since Gingerbread email auto-sync not working

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Since I got Gingerbread last week, my e-mail is no longer auto-syncing. I have to manually refresh all the time. Anyone else having this issue?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had this issue from the first version of GB. There are a few threads out there on this and this is the best Ive come up with. It works sporatically on some of the accounts when it feels like it :) Actually, I believe it has to do with the "sleep mode". I think that this is disrupting the auto cycle process. I find it flips into and out of manual/auto on the screen when you check the status but it doesnt really check. I have 5 different emails and it will check one, maybe two somewhere along the way each day. I used to turn my screen off with the power button which apparently puts it into sleep mode. When I now let it time out and it goes into sleep mode by itself, I find the email check happens more regularly. Secondly, on the email screen I keep it on all accounts which seems to let more of the account auto sync. Go figure. Did anyone else try other email software? I tried Maildroid and it stopped working after one day just like the stock email which brings me back to the TB not the software.

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just changed my default account and now it is syncing all accounts again. :) Unfortunately the wrong account has to be be used as my default.

rreikot

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My previous solution only worked for 2 days. I read on another blog to force close the mail application and then start it up again. Everything this is syncing now. Keeping my fingers crossed!